SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sprayed a 75 wet shot last night for the first time.Timing at 17*,header,intake,exhaust,on falken 615's.Best I could do in the 8th was a 9.018 ET.Is this a good 8th mile time?

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Yeah back the timing down, but what was your 60ft and mph? Don't measure yours up to mine but I've ran faster than that NA.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My 60ft was 2.402 my MPH was 82.718.Im spinning and wheel hopping thru 1st.Everybody tells me that most cars run a half a second slower at this track then all the other tracks near here.I will back the timing down and get a set of slicks and see what I can do next month.

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Yeah you should drop a few tenths off your 60ft, and you should be good. Trapping 82 you should hit mid-high 8's.

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
Do you think I will see any gains if I keep my timing at 15 and use 104 with a75 shot? Or should I just bump it back to 13 and use 93?

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
I'd back it to 13 and use the 104. Always better safe than sorry.

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
I'd back it to 13 and use the 104. Always better safe than sorry.
Ok, you seem to know what your talking about, but I did spray with the timing at 15 with a 75 shot (on 93 octane) and everything went well except my clutch which couldn't even come close to holding the power(changed to a 6 puck). I even checked my plugs after and they were picture perfect, no signs of detonation at all. I might just try 15* with 104 and do a run then pull my plugs to check them out and if everything is cool then I'll stick with it.

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Are you by chance running a dry kit? You don't have to cut timing when dry, but it's highly suggested to do so otherwise. With that said timing on these motors is a helluva thing. You really can't pinpoint EXACTLY what your timing is unless your at TDC lol.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Im also running a zex wet kit 75-shot,17* timing, cold plugs and 112 octane and it didnt miss a beat,ran super smooth.I probally cut the timing back just to be safe.

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
Im also running a zex wet kit 75-shot,17* timing, cold plugs and 112 octane and it didnt miss a beat,ran super smooth.I probally cut the timing back just to be safe.
What mods do you have and what was your time??

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
What were the rest of your numbers like your 60ft,etc...

9.0 seems low for a 75 shot and your mods:confused:
All that is in my 2nd post.And yes i guess the numbers are low due to spinning thru 1st gear.Slicks are for sure on my wish list.

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
A 2.4 60 does explain alot and did you trapped at 82 in the 1/8?? If so then that is very impressive.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yes sir 82.718 mph in 8th.But my mph was much lower on just motor.I think the car will run mid to high 8's with 22" slicks.But I think I want to go with some 225/50R15's drag radials so I can run the same tire on the street and track.Im just not sure if I can run those on my 40mm offset wheels without spacers?Anybody know.

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
Yes sir 82.718 mph in 8th.But my mph was much lower on just motor.I think the car will run mid to high 8's with 22" slicks.But I think I want to go with some 225/50R15's drag radials so I can run the same tire on the street and track.Im just not sure if I can run those on my 40mm offset wheels without spacers?Anybody know.
Do you have a b14 or 13?? HIgh to mid 8's should put you in the 13's easily.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts