SR20 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my junkyard bought replacement fender from the bodyshop and i installed it myself at home, when im installing it i see that there is a slight difference in color with the fender and the door. The Fender is a little bit darker than the body of the car. i went back and they told me that they had to blend the door to make it match, is there any other way in makin the fender match without having to take it back to the shop so they could match it?? the guy told me he had to paint the door also and i dont see how its gonna match....

·
Registered
484 Posts
Not sure to your question, but nice ride. What drop do you have on that?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the passenger side fender was recently painted and it doesnt match the color of the body of the car.

i wanted to see if there was a way to dilute it a little bit so that it can match the paint of the car.

i have motivational engineering front struts and KYb GR-2 in the back with dropzone springs

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Yes, one of the only ways to get a best match is to blend it into the door. Trust me, just take it back to the shop for the best results

·
no..its not my daddys car
1,447 Posts
The body shop can make it match, I've seen them do some pretty amazing stuff to cars Ive wrecked :tongue:

Josh

·
Wants Primera Race Motor
2,390 Posts
just go around to different body shops and ask them about blending it in. go w/ your best judgement.

yes, you are gonna have to spend the money to get it blended in if you want it to match up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts