SR20 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
o0 ( []D [] []V[] []D )0o
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LMAO I'm so friggin stupid...

Ok so I have been having the IDLE ISSUE! Car runs fine and dandy until I hit a stop... Then the Idle starts to become lumpy.. Well I fixed everything on the list, Vlines to Egr, to cleaning TB. Anyhow...

I was in kragen when I passed some PCV Valves... I almost slapped myself... I fuggin forgot about the lil guy...

So I pick one up... in the parking lot pull the old one from the Valve Cover.. Man it was clogged like hell/... I tested it to see if it had suction... it had hardly any suction...

So I slapped the new one in.. let the car idle for about 2 mins.. and Bammm the Idle Flutter is gone.... The Suction is back and I rode out back to work!

Man I'm glad I got that off my list!

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
LOL yup that will do it. As they say that is the most forgotten about piece of sacrafical compoents on cars. i usualy try to change mine with each fuel filter since its only 3 bucks. and such an easy replacement. One way to check is to pull the hose see if it sucks, or take it out and shake it see if it rattles. but that will fix a lot of things.

id recomend one to John since we just replaced everythign ese on his car. might cure some lope...

·
o0 ( []D [] []V[] []D )0o
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bowlcut said:
LOL yup that will do it. As they say that is the most forgotten about piece of sacrafical compoents on cars. i usualy try to change mine with each fuel filter since its only 3 bucks. and such an easy replacement. One way to check is to pull the hose see if it sucks, or take it out and shake it see if it rattles. but that will fix a lot of things.

id recomend one to John since we just replaced everythign ese on his car. might cure some lope...

LMAO I know man.. I was in Kragen and It hit me as soon as I came around that corner with a HUGE PCV VALVE Sign.. LOL I was like OMG I"M SO STUUUUUUUPID!...

But yeah it's such an easy thing... and it worked so I'm happy.. no more lumpy flutter idle...

·
Registered
269 Posts
hate to sound like a newbie tard and all but....

Where the hell is the PCV valve on the 92 sentra?

I got my emissions diagram here but I don't see it...I have the idle flutter and would love to kill it.

Sam

·
Registered
4,673 Posts
I believe its on the back left hand corner of the valve cover. I think your supposed to use teflon tape on the threads when you put one on too, iirc.

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
yup back left corner of the VC, right behind the oil filler cap. yea i think you are susposed to use teflon tape or such things but i didnt. i think mine is leaking a tad need to look sometiem when its daylight. but its not leaking that bad, think its mainly to keep the threads from galling up the aluminium

·
Registered
727 Posts
Kevin:

I guess it couldnt hurt since I have not done it since I have had the car huh?!?!? Still no start, have 0 gauge power wire in now and the 4 gauge goes form block to battery then battery to turnk for a ground. Sucks ass I tell you!

·
Registered
269 Posts
went on over to pep boys and replaced her.

Well I still have some idle flutter (gonna replace hoses this weekend) but when I let the revs go down, my baby doesnt go to 500 then 800 she purrs right on down to 800 and stays right around there.

Maybe the hoses will cure the rest of it?

Teflon tape eh...better get some of that shiznit too :)

Sam

·
Registered
269 Posts
did the hose too for shits and giggles but alas still some lump.

arggggg what causes that little bastard not to idle straight.

someone mentioned new plug wires

Should I plunk down 50 bucks for new ones?

Sam

1 - 10 of 10 Posts