SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
man, went through a scare today .as I was driving from the light and wanted to shift to second,the shifter wouldn't move not even to neutral ,so I drove it to some mech. and found out the tranny support bolts 2 of them were gone by big tranny mount and the tranny was hanging 1 1/2" down so he jacked the tranny up and put in high strength longer bolts and what an improve ment! before the shifter was stiff and hard to go to first. now every gear is slick& quick with that positive click when going to reverse. hasen,t felt like that in a while! chirpped to third no problem
with a crisp 4 th!

------------------
91 SE-R,10:1 comp.pistons,comp.4angle valve job,extrude honed heads/intake manifold,RC TB/MAF,nismo cams,UR pulleys,stillen4-1 ceram.header,nismo/centerforce dual fric.clutch,PR CAI,2 1/2 test pipe,mandrel 2 1/4 superturbo ex.,and a whole bunch of other goodies! boost is in the works ,hell yeah 3:16!

·
Registered
883 Posts
Dang, can you say lucky, I had that happen in my pulsar once. We were dumb teens who tried to rush a clutch job, and forgot some things.

------------------
Kris94G20™

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dude, I almost had a cow cause I just won 200 bucks on a football pool and was thinking, damn every time I come up on some extra scratch, I end up havin' to spend it all or more on an emergency fix up on the ride. She just happens to act up just when I get a hold on some new found $scratch$ man! All year great, and then as soon as this mofo gets loaded,... Bam! she has a tit fit! the law of the west! I think it applies to any man who really loves his ride!

------------------
91 SE-R,10:1 comp.pistons,comp.4angle valve job,extrude honed heads/intake manifold,RC TB/MAF,nismo cams,UR pulleys,stillen4-1 ceram.header,nismo/centerforce dual fric.clutch,PR CAI,2 1/2 test pipe,mandrel 2 1/4 superturbo ex.,and a whole bunch of other goodies! boost is in the works ,hell yeah 3:16!

G

·
hey master yoda where'd u take the car maybe i'll have them take a look at mine just 2 be on the safe side remember i had the same reverse problem not as often as yours but better safe then sorry

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LOL! I went to the mechanics right next door to Rampage Racing the russian/german place.Rampage was too busy at the time.

·
AWD owns me
4,167 Posts
hey guys, how notchy is your shifting? Is it suppose to be really smooth, or can you feel the acual shift through the shifter? Cause mine is kinda notchy, and was wondering if I should do motor mounts and tranny too. 93 factory mounts i'm sure. They may be a little tired.

·
AWD owns me
4,167 Posts
Oh yeah, it has popped out of 1st before twice in the past like 6 months too. I will bring out the clutch, and everything seems ok. But once it fully grabs, there is a big bang, and it throws itself into neautral. hmmmmmmmm?

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
definitely something wrong there. check all the bolts to all mounts and maybe you need new ones but for the money, invest in courtesy nissans ES motor mount inserts. feel great. I figure the car is like a woman. if she pushes your action out of the way all of a sudden, some thing's wrong. same thing with funny noises!

------------------
91 SE-R,10:1 comp.pistons,comp.4angle valve job,extrude honed heads/intake manifold,No emissions.crap,RC TB/MAF,nismo cams,UR pulleys,stillen4-1 ceram.header,nismo/centerforce dual fric.clutch,PR CAI,2 1/2 test pipe,mandrel 2 1/4 superturbo ex.,and a whole bunch of other goodies! boost is in the works ,hell yeah 3:16!

·
AWD owns me
4,167 Posts
Good analogy man. I can't seem to get into courtesy's website though. The Sentra part has been doig construction for some time now. Would you rather have the JWT mounts for the $$$? Or the Courtesy mounts? How much do the Courtesy mounts cost? JWT wanted like $250 all around.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
While you are doing the motor mounts its a great time to replace the shifter bushing.

I think eveybody should get the 7-1105 set and at least install the front inserts. It doesn't add very much noise or vibration. The rear inserts can add noise and vibration but really make the motor solid. (automatics need not apply)

The JWT mounts are much more extreme than just the ES inserts and replace all four mounts. Unless you are track/dragrace alot, I wouldn't get them.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I agree with jacen, JWT mounts are strictly racing type mounts and you'll feel the engine in the car bigtime (vibrations) the ES inserts are great though, and I put all of mine in, and not too much vibration but the car feels better! (shifting,and response)

------------------
91 SE-R,10:1 comp.pistons,comp.4angle valve job,extrude honed heads/intake manifold,No emissions.crap,RC TB/MAF,nismo cams,UR pulleys,stillen4-1 ceram.header,nismo/centerforce dual fric.clutch,PR CAI,2 1/2 test pipe,mandrel 2 1/4 superturbo ex.,and a whole bunch of other goodies! boost is in the works ,hell yeah 3:16!

·
AWD owns me
4,167 Posts
ES mounts sound awesome, the price does too. But it's only the left and right though.... Should I do all 4?

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
the passenger side one is a bitch cause you need a hydraulic press so you'll have to pay some one to pop it in for you. but the front and back ones are the torque mounts, the ones that hold the engine from rocking the most so the power goes straight to the wheels. I did all and like em alot.

------------------
91 SE-R,10:1 comp.pistons,balanced &blueprint rebuild.comp.4angle valve job,extrude honed heads/intake manifold,No emissions.crap,RC TB/MAF,nismo cams,UR pulleys,stillen4-1 ceram.header,nismo/centerforce dual fric.clutch,PR CAI,2 1/2 test pipe,mandrel 2 1/4 superturbo ex.,and a whole bunch of other goodies! boost is in the works ,hell yeah 3:16!

·
AWD owns me
4,167 Posts
OK, if I get the ES mounts (torque mounts), what should I use for the driver and passenger side mounts? Courtesy maybe?

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
courtesy has them all ES mmount inserts.

G

·
I do love my JWT mounts though. I would recomend them to anyone. The car feels tight as hell.
Nick McCollom 93nx2000 HS CAI, Cat back, UR crank pulley, 18.5degree timing, AGX, JWT mounts, JWT clutch 15.412 @90 mph

·
AWD owns me
4,167 Posts
Ordered all four ES mounts from Courtesy yesterday, but I forgot to get the shift linkage bushing. Big Deal??? How much of a difference does it make?

·
AWD owns me
4,167 Posts
7.00 bucks

1 - 20 of 21 Posts