SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here has a picture of b13's painted flat black?

Im planning to paint mine but I want to have an idea first how is it going to look like?

Does it look dirty??

·
Registered
103 Posts
Here are a few pics of my old Classic, painted with chalkboard paint. When it was freshly washed it looked pretty good.

^^ That one looks dirty because it's got chalk brushed off all over it.

But if you want a flat-ish black that looks a bit cleaner, I'd recommend a satin black, like John Deere Blitz Black. Here's my old beater Celica that I painted with that paint, and it looked great (except the bodywork sucked...I didn't spend too much time on it.)

·
AWD owns me
4,167 Posts

That looks great. I think I found the color for the G!!

·
Canyon_Boogie
6,667 Posts
I didnt think I would like it but after seeing those pics I think I like it now..

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
where do you get that chalk board paint

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
Coomer was the Celica done with a spray can or a different method?

·
wants 2 dry hump chriscar
4,507 Posts

gets my vote as coolest pic ever:tongue:

diggin the celica! thats a really clean paint! so smooth.

i have always wanted to see a combo of army green and flat black. instead of doing the car all black paint the hood and trunk army green. or paint the body black and paint the bumpers and skirts green........or the other way around. get creative. i love flat black.....flat anything! but im so sick of completly flat black cars.

i had planned on painting my current b13 with chaulk board paint and army green....i wanted to roll around tow with "hi, my names pete........whats yours?" or "NICE SHOES WANA _______?"

·
Registered
103 Posts
For the SE-R, I painted it with Krylon rattle cans. I attempted to thin the stuff that comes in a can with paint thinner in small doses but it never got thin enough and would just gum up.

For the Celica, I bought a Gallon of Blitz Black paint from the John Deere dealer, thinned it with their thinner, and used a acrylic enamel hardener (even though it's synthetic enamel.) It held up well, but then my brother decided he liked the chalkboard paint on my SE-R so he painted it with chalkboard paint. :(

Here are a few more pics of the car if anyone's interested, including what it looked like when I first bought it for $400.

·
Chillin on g20.net lately
2,039 Posts
I really like the flat black look. As long as its not primer, its all good lol. I see tons of primered civics running around here. stupid.

·
Rebuilding
3,916 Posts
i am flat blacking my b13 and it looks like ass.

do it right and take your time and buy about 60 cans of spray.

·
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i am flat blacking my b13 and it looks like ass.

do it right and take your time and buy about 60 cans of spray.
if it is 60 cans Id rather bring to shop for flat black paint for only 250$.

60 cans will cost you $300 (if paint in can cost $5 each).:rofl:

·
Rebuilding
3,916 Posts
if it is 60 cans Id rather bring to shop for flat black paint for only 250$.

60 cans will cost you $300 (if paint in can cost $5 each).:rofl:
im kidding not really 60 cans but im on my like 8-9th can, i only have the hood, trunk, and 1 fender done.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts