SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anybody have this same problem? i've just noticed it this morning in my classic. the gauge seems to flutter a bit under acceleration in the first 3 gears... and sometimes between the 1->2 shift.

otherwise it stays fairly idle...

·
Recovering Rice Boy
1,176 Posts
More than likely its the ground for temp sensor. You can find it by your oil filter. Its a little black clip that should be sticking out to the side of the filter just wiggle it till its on there snug and it should be fine.

------------------
Irwin 96 200sx SE-R (w/ a lil sumptin sumptin) photo viewable thanks to Chrissy!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Yeah, my gague does that too. It only does it when the car is warmed up then left at idle. Driving pass 35 mph will slowly drop it down to normal. Seems like insufficient airflow at idle?

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">EXACTLY. if that doesen't work, get some of that electrical connections cleaner and spray on there. it could be dirty. that's plan B.</font>
I tried cleaning it. Same thing though. Although I was only able to clean the metal piece the black clip was hooked onto. The black clip itself has like rust or sludge on it, but is kinda hard to clean it. I should try to clean the clip too one of these days cuz it's starting to bug me.

------------------
96 200SX SE-R
Sportline Springs, PR CAI, HKS Exhaust
http://photos.yahoo.com/sr20ser

G

·
0 Posts
mine does it so bad that its pegged all the way cold unless it's at idle, then its normal. I'm gonna check that ground right now.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well color me stupid. i couldn't find any clip. to the left of the filter are some wires hooked to the engine blocked... doesnt look like a black clip though, could that be it?

·
Off-Topic lurker..
3,122 Posts
EXACTLY. if that doesen't work, get some of that electrical connections cleaner and spray on there. it could be dirty. that's plan B.

------------------
Aztec Red 1993 NX2000

G

·
0 Posts
Damn, that fixed it!!!! Thanx guys.
There are two wires right there. the one closer to the wheel has a red cap that looks like a little plug wire, then the tep. ground is closer to the block. its a little black clip.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts