SR20 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
SR20DE Driver
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to have to replace my clutch soon and I am thinking about going with a lightened flywheel at the same time. This is on a NX 2000 by the way. Well here is the question part.... I you go with a lighted flywheel, would you need to with a stronger clutch or would the stock one be ok.

The only thing I was thinking is that if the flywheel is lighter it would be easier to stop from spinning as well, correct me if I'm wrong there though.

Also, what are some of my options, as far as makers, and prices for the fly wheel and the clutch combos. I can get employee costs at the dealership for the work and the stock clutch.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
hi

i think you must go with the flywheel ,is a graet option ,you can buy a atc clunch(stage one) it will be a god option too(I think its cheaper than the stock one,maybe Im worng.

·
Registered
723 Posts
u wont need a stronger clutch, but i'd get one anyways. yah the lightened flywheel stops quicker than stock, so it drop revs faster between shifts and etc... also easier to stall

G

·
Yea, I definitly recommend getting the ACT heavy duty clutch. I have their street/strip kit for around $300?i think.(whatever you do, try not to get a centerforce clutch as I heard nothing but bad stuff about those prematurely wearing out) And get yourself some lightened flywheels at the same time(I regret not doing that).I think they have 9 lb ones for our Nxes .( try not to go any lighter than that as that would make rush hour drives a pain in the you know what!!)flywheels do cost as much as $400-600 if not more??, but I think you can get a bargain somewhere for a little cheaper.
Hope it helps,
Nick

1 - 4 of 4 Posts