SR20 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
pimpin since 03!
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how many of you still had stock flywheel and upgrader to a lightwieght one? was it a great upgrade or was it not really a big deal? i hear some people complaining about flywheels like they would keep it stock. i ask you guys because the people that say that arnt that smart lol! just wondering if it is worth the money?

·
SE-R Searcher
1,861 Posts
I think it is a great mod if you go all the way and get a light weight one, 10lbs or less. I lightened my stock one, the way the forum says to, and really did not notice a difference. My car "feels" faster, but i dont know if flywheels make your can any faster. I really like the mod because of the way the engine responds and revs. It just feels more like a race car. the bad thing is that you are gonna spend about 250-400 dollars.

·
pimpin since 03!
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i know the money is aloott !! for what it does

·
SE-R Searcher
1,861 Posts
they are suppose to make a noticeable difference with turbo spooling if you are running a bigger turbo, t3/t4. I have not seen people saying that it not a worth while mod. There are discussions on if/why it helps spooling. It is worth it in my opinion. I am assuming you must be replacing you clutch soon and are thinking about a flywheel as well? If you subtract the cost of resurfacing the flywheel then you can say that the light weight flywheel would only cost you $235. that is not bad in my eyes.

·
pimpin since 03!
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
very very good point... i was just wondering if it was really god for anythign but quiker response.. thanks

·
Registered
358 Posts
I had a Findaza (spelling) 9lb flywheel on when i bought my NX. Unfortuanatly i was young stupid and the guy told me the clutch was slipping when i bought it, For the first 2 -3 months it was amazing, then the Clutchmasters Stage 2 clutch went, along with the JWT Pressure plate, and, sadly enough, the fly wheel. So i had to go back to stock. There was a HUGE feel like i lost sooo much power down low, the flywheel is an AMAZING modification, it makes acceleration SO much faster. I would deffinetly recommend the Findaza (spelling) 9lb flywheel, After i get my turbo kit on im investing in a new Stage III clutch JWT Pressure plate, and Findaza flywheel.....

OH and while we're on the subject of flywheels, anyone catch a glimps of that new flywheel (cant remember who makes it) But it has replaceable "plates" that, instead of replacing the ENTIER flywheel you just get a new set of "plates".... its crazy expensive but only weight 9.5pounds.... ill do some research and try to find some pics. But i jsut want to see if any of you guys have heard about it yet.

·
SE-R Searcher
1,861 Posts
Most if not all aftermaket flywheels have a replacable surface. you may be interested in the clutchnet groupbuy for clutches and flywheels. check the GB section. i am not personally familiar with clutchmasters but i hear a lot of negative reviews on them.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I have a Fidanza 9 pound on my turbo'd DE and it is a great mod for faster spooling and better acceleration. The quicker you can rev the motor the quicker you make horsepower.

·
SE-R Searcher
1,861 Posts
It is a little more complex than stated above.

·
713 ways to be a dick!
4,652 Posts
Fyi

This is the TURBO forum, this and your other post are in the wrong forum and may get more responses if they were placed/moved to the correct forum.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I agree that it is a little more difficult to drive with an ultra-lightweight flywheel. If it is a daily driver it will take some getting used to.

·
now on the West side!
3,661 Posts
I have a Fidanza in my DET, and going from stock to the DET setup, I don't believe it is any more difficult to drive. Different, yes. Harder, no.

·
SE-R Searcher
1,861 Posts
i agree with nismoser

·
pimpin since 03!
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
wes said:
This is the TURBO forum, this and your other post are in the wrong forum and may get more responses if they were placed/moved to the correct forum.

yes wes i am very aware that this is the turbo forum... i posted it in the turbo forum because i want to know about a flywheel on a turbo charged car. thanks "fyi" but i dont think i need to be told where i post something, thanks

·
pimpin since 03!
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thanks for all your feed back turbo guys!!! i will be purchasing one very soon!

sorry if you feel i have posted in the wrong place

·
713 ways to be a dick!
4,652 Posts
sr20veb13 said:
yes wes i am very aware that this is the turbo forum... i posted it in the turbo forum because i want to know about a flywheel on a turbo charged car. thanks "fyi" but i dont think i need to be told where i post something, thanks
Sorry but the benefits of a lightweight flywheel are pretty much the same between an NA and a Turbo car. I was just trying to point you in a direction where you may have gotten more responses, that's all.

·
pimpin since 03!
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
maybe the benifits are the same but as stated above alot of people recomend it for a quicker spool, i was looking more for a answer from the tturbo guys

1 - 19 of 19 Posts