SR20 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Living up Boost
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know a good flywheel to go with the ACT hd pp/street disk combo? Thanks in advance,

-saaby

·
Living up Boost
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
stock for drag racing? I won't be dragging much...but that is interesting cause I thought a lightened flywheel is good for improving 60' times??? Am I missing something here jay?

jason,
I am thinking jun, but it is really expensive ($500), I was wondering if there are any others people are using.

-saaby

[This message has been edited by Saaby (edited 09-05-2001).]

·
Garage Queen: 91 VG30DETT
251 Posts
yah, get the JUN. i also have one and i must say that a lightened flywheel in general made all the difference in my car......i drive my car almost everyday and i don't worry about that gran turismo thang and people saying it's hard to launch in 1st cuz i say it's all crap. go get 'em and you'll feel the difference right away.....

------------------
91 SR20DE
97 H22A

·
Registered
230 Posts
I have the JUN ultralight flywheel too. Man, i love that thing. It is a little harder to launch w/ such a light flywheel, but all the times I've bogged, the quick revving characteristics associated w/ the light flywheel made up for it on my runs... as a result i can usually pull off low 2.2 60ft's and occasionally a 2.1 60ft... all on street tires...

I think i remember seeing something in the archives from Jay H. about having too light a flywheel affecting launches.... dont' remember what it was tho...

·
Garage Queen: 91 VG30DETT
251 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jay Hass:

BAWWWWWWWGGGGGGG

P.S. I cut 2.0 on's regular street tires so I think I know what I'm talking about.

</font>
don't you have a turbo man? i don't think you'll bog if you are NA.....

------------------
91 SR20DE
97 H22A

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">i have jun light/ ultra light u bogg tooo much on the street</font>
I don't. Now when my mom was driving my car, she had problems for the first 5 stop signs or so. Then even she could do it fine.

I didn't have any new problems launching at the drag strip. I got the same crappy 2.30 60' times with both flywheels
But I only drag race occasionally.

BUT I have no doubt Jay is right about flywheel weight and drag racing (especially on slicks).

·
Stuck on an island
1,284 Posts
why not shave the stock fly wheel down ? wont be as light as the aftermarkit ones but its cheep

·
Registered
448 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by LudeSER13:
i drive my car almost everyday and i don't worry about that gran turismo thang and people saying it's hard to launch in 1st cuz i say it's all crap. go get 'em and you'll feel the difference right away.....

</font>
Grand turismo thing? WTF are you talking about, I'm the national record holder for a bolt on SE-R for the past three years and 1/10 behind the fastest NA car period.

Go ahead and show up at the track with 8" slicks and lightened flywheel and see what happens.

BAWWWWWWWGGGGGGG

P.S. I cut 2.0 on's regular street tires so I think I know what I'm talking about.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
ya, a lightweight flywheel is not really good for drag racing, but more for road racing, ect, ect. if you want one, buy one, I have mine and love it.

------------------
98 se-r w/ p/r cai,jwt s3 cams, stillen header, courtesy exhaust, ur pullies, JUN flywheel, ACT clutch, eibach springs, kyb struts, st sways, cusco camber plates, f/r strut braces,stillen lower control arm brace,SMC BAKB, motul 600 brake fluid, lotsa bushings, and a bunch of other crap

·
GUPAMF 4 Life
1,240 Posts
Hey Lude, you ever drag raced before? At a track I mean instead of some street racing bullshit. You sound like a ricer man. Like some gran turismo thang? I actually dind't feel jack **** from my Zex/Jun flywheel. Ask Antonio how I like my flywheel for drag racing. Hehe.

·
Registered
448 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by LudeSER13:
don't you have a turbo man? i don't think you'll bog if you are NA.....
</font>
Yep, I never ever raced a NA SE-R

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Grand turismo thing? WTF are you talking about, I'm the national record holder for a bolt on SE-R for the past three years and 1/10 behind the fastest NA car period. </font>
Lightened flywheel, NA car, 8" slicks will equal one very bad bog unless you launch at 8K but then you will be very inconsistent.

For drag racing and trying to cut anything better than a 2.1 60' (Read: traction/sticky tires) the car WILL BOG and/or be very inconsistent, end of story.

Here is a video of the stock flywheel launching at 6500rpm NA and still getting a bit of bog on my way to a 14.2. That was a **** 2.0 60'

http://www.ctwd.net/personal/Honda%20Murder.mpg

1 - 16 of 16 Posts