SR20 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend just got a 240 and it going to drop a RWD DET in it. I'm curious if he could FMAX the RWD DET with a bigger turbo and such. Does FMAX only make a kit for a KA-powered 240? Would a FWD DE FMAX manifold and turbo along with the RWD KA intercooler piping work?

Another question- how strong is the KA? How well do they accept an FMAX kit? I know everyone wants to throw the motor away and get a DET, but price/performance how good is the FMAX kit for the KA? Maybe that's better price/performance than a DET drop in?

------------------
Ben98SentraSE
98 Sentra SE and crashed 93 NX2000

·
Registered
230 Posts
Ben,

Manifolds do not exchange between the KA and the RWD SR motors. If they did, then everyone would be turboing the KA w/ JDM turbo upgrade kits from Greddy and HKS. That being said, your friend can get a better turbo and manifold from various japanese tuners and some US ones like Greddy and HKS... possibly Apex'i...

The KA is only capable of low boost before it has problems... 6-7 lbs is a figure that comes to mind... keep in mine.. you make more power w/ a bigger boosted motor. That being said... there's a 10 second KA powered 240SX....

So there is hope for the KA... downfalls are that it's a heavier motor, you gotta build it if you wanna boost high and soem other stuff...

if you or yoru friend wants to learn more..

http://www.240sx.org/Images/maillist.htm#bulletin

that's where you wanna go..

Anyone, if there's any errors in what i've posted.. please correct me...

·
vincit omnia veritas
1,085 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SeattleSE R:
Ben,

Manifolds do not exchange between the KA and the RWD SR motors.
snip..
Anyone, if there's any errors in what i've posted.. please correct me...

</font>
Nollan, you dolt.. he said FWD de mani on a rwd det with the fmax kit for the 240 (like, substitute the ka mani and turbo for the de turbo and mani)

Hey nollan... ts2 =)

David Lau
TS2 all the way!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts