SR20 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Power to spare...
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are pics of my FMAX turbo exhaust housing that I recieved back last week from extrude hone. I apologize for the lack of quality as I had to do these inside with artificial light (overcast outside). It took them over a month for them from sending it out to getting it back.

I should also say that I had my head guy at the machine shop did quite a bit of porting to it prior to the extrude honing. He removed the bolt hole 'dimples', smoothed the area behind the wastegate hole as well as just doing overall porting in areas that he saw fit. He did a great job, really getting very deep (as much as his long bits would allow) down into the housing.

Up to this point I had not seen extrude hone work on a turbo housing so I thought that some of you would enjoy these.

Thomas Reynolds
'97 200SX SE-R

·
Power to spare...
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
More...

Thomas Reynolds
'97 200SX SE-R

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
FMAX turbo... drrroooooll...

FMAX turbo exhaust housing extrude honed... double drool....

------------------
Ben98SentraSE
98 Sentra SE TURBO and crashed 93 NX2000

·
Power to spare...
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by WhiteSER:
What was the price?</font>
$75 plus shipping which turned out to be all for a total of $91 as they ONLY accept money orders. No credit cards.

Thomas

·
Power to spare...
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by WhiteSER:
Hmmm what do you think the price would be for the manifold? More probably?</font>
Yep I am sure it would be more. I wouldn't think more than double that though.

·
713 ways to be a dick!
4,652 Posts
$75 for the extrude hone? Directly from them? Damn I called about them doing the Intake manifold for my GA16 and was quoted $475. Man, either you got areally sweet deal or I'm getting bent over.

late,
wes

1 - 8 of 8 Posts