SR20 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK guys, i'm not sure of the legality issues here but i thought of something cool. I love the way the headlights and foglights look but the parking lights just seem to be 'out there'.....so why not just cut the parking light power wire and disable them completely....this way they'll only turn on for turnsignals/flashers......the foglights will also be on by themselves with no parking lights on up top(still have to turn the switch to parking to get the relay power though).....do the parking lights play any legality issues at all? sorry this is all just sort of thrown out there but i'm kinda tired.

------------------
-Dan
Black 95 200sx SE

·
Off-Topic lurker..
3,122 Posts
i just unplugged my connectors for the PL's for a while, it looked cool, but hell, the turn signal flashing so quickly was annoying. not to mention i like people in front of me to see that i have my turn signals on. have you upgraded your foglight bulbs to 55W yet? i highly recommend it! off the subject, but...today i just replaced the bulbs in the instrument cluster with 194B blue bulbs...looks pretty DAMN good!

a lot cheaper than white faced gauges

------------------
Is that a honda? What is that silver thing?

·
Registered
424 Posts
What kind of bulb is the 194b? Is it colored or just brighter.

------------------
96 w/ HS CAI, timing @ 17, 92 I/E cams, Naxos muffler, Eibach Sportlines, Front struts: Motivational, Rear shocks: KYB AGX's, S/T sway bars, ES lower control arm bushings and motor mounts, Courtesy F/R STB, APC Clear corners, Stillen grille, and Focus short throw.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
silver- i think ya have me misunderstood......i don't mean cut the power completely....i mean just the running lights would be off. The turn signals front and rear will still work as normal but the amber light won't be there unless a turnsignals there. get my drift?

------------------
-Dan
Black 95 200sx SE

·
Off-Topic lurker..
3,122 Posts
nope, if you cut a wire, i dont think your signals will work. i got the bulbs at advance auto....they are called "mood lights" and they come in all different colors

------------------
Is that a honda? What is that silver thing?

·
Registered
117 Posts
About the blue cluster bulbs, i got some at pepboys, you gota watch out ther, because if their just painted blue they will fade quick, mine did and now it looks nasty. Anyone know where we can get some quality blue bulbs for the cluster for cheap?

------------------
99 Sentra SE Limited Deep Crystal Blue w/Full Sport Package
Open Air Box, Clear Corners
5.6in TFT Display show MP3 track information and TV/Nintendo 64. Full P166 Mounted in Trunk

·
95NismoB14grl
1,492 Posts
the blue bulb issue i have solved a while back...all you need is a superwhite 194 and a set of blue light condoms..I got my light condoms from a local performance center, they are for the autometer guages..I cost me about 20 bux i think..and they look sweet. I've had them for about 8 months now and no fading

good luck
Tom

1 - 7 of 7 Posts