SR20 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother and I did the fog light relay mod today (the fogs come on when just the parking lights are on) and something wierd has happened. When we turn the parking lights on the passanger side headlight turns on. We used the procedure on SE-R.net http://www.se-r.net/electrical/fog_light_mod.html. Everything else operates normally except that the p. light comes on with the parking lights on. THe fog light tricked worked, I just have this gimpy light with them.

------------------
'95 200 SX SE-R
PR CAI; ACT Disc & PP; ES MM; Pro-Kits; now raising funds for AGX's

·
Registered
466 Posts
The foglight were wired with the pass side head light, so go back and make sure you tapped into the correct wire. It should have been the pink wire with blue stripe. Cut the wire and connect the parking light wire to the wire off the relay. The other side of the cut pink wire goes no where, just tape it off.

------------------
Eric Waterman
1996 200SX SE-R
1997 200SX SE-R
1991 Sentra SE-R

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I had no problem with the foglight mod when i did it. eric is right when he says the pink wire with the blue stripe. Splice the wire and tap into the power of the parking ights. You should of had no problem with it...I wonder what it could be?

------------------
Peter
97 200SX SE-R
PR CAI,JWT ECU,91 CAM,
KYB AGX,EIBACH SPORTLINE,
FSTB, X-DRILLED ROTORS,

·
Registered
705 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ser_200sx:
I had no problem either. Peter, wasnt that the same problem Ryan had when he tried to do it at SF?

MarC
</font>
YESSSSS!!!!!! my god, at least im not the onloy one. BUT, Eric, said you connect, the fogs to the one half of the pink/blue wire, and just tape the other half and leave it there. What I did was just take part of the insullation off the p/b wire and splice into it with the foggie wire. I didn't catch that you had to just tape the other part of the p/b wire outta the way....got me?! Thank for clearin that up eric.

------------------
Ryan Walsh...Hmmm, what should I buy with my $708 bucks from income tax returns?!

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I guess he did. But when I had done mine it was easy except for finding that dumb colored wire, but when I did find it I was done already. Ryan did you get yours working yet by the way??

------------------
Peter
97 200SX SE-R
PR CAI,JWT ECU,91 CAM,
FSTB, X-DRILLED ROTORS,

·
Registered
466 Posts
Ryan, so instead of cutting the wire, you spliced into it? Doh!!!!! You get the first SR20DE Forum monkey award. The problem with what you did is like I said before, the folglight relay gets power from the passenger side headlight. By adding the wire from the marker light, you were giving the headlight power. Congrats on correcting it, now here's your award.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Congradulations......

------------------
Peter
97 200SX SE-R
PR CAI,JWT ECU,91 CAM,
FSTB, X-DRILLED ROTORS,

G

·
Hey does this Foglight mod work with Classics as well? I wouldn't think things are that different between a couple of years, but what do I know?

G

·
It all depends on what kind of bulbs you have-If your car's fogs, are H3's then I can help-If not, I guess you'll have to 'surf the net.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Quote:
twentyfivecharacters
SR20DE Forum Junkie
posted 03-06-2001 07:03 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Who makes a fog light bulb that matches the color of the piaa superwhites, or atleast whiter/cleaner than stock?

You can try to look for PIAA h3 and find the suitable fog lamp bulb size for your car!

·
Registered
705 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by NyceP26:
I guess he did. But when I had done mine it was easy except for finding that dumb colored wire, but when I did find it I was done already. Ryan did you get yours working yet by the way??

</font>
I still have the funky headlight thing. Im too lazy to fix it, i just liek that the fogs stay on with the brights, cuz my ride home from work is in the boonies and is DIZZZZARRRKKK!!

------------------
Ryan Walsh...Hmmm, what should I buy with my $708 bucks from income tax returns?!

·
Registered
466 Posts
You really need to fix that before you blow a fuse, or worse. Just cut the pink wire after where you spliced it, and tape it off. Its that simple.

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Yes it does work with classics. Just gota splice different colored wires last time I heard about it. And that above link is where to go

1 - 20 of 26 Posts