SR20 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys- I don't have a 200sx yet. But i'm looking at one and will most likely be getting one. Also my friend has a white 95. I've got a couple q's for ya. Is there any wires i can change around to make the foglights either go on by themselves or go on with the parking lights? Driving during the day i like it when the headlights are off but the fogs are on. Also, what shouldi be careful of? The one i'm lookin at is a 95 SE with all options. 60,000 miles. Anything to watch for that might go wrong or that people have had problems with? Thanks guys.

------------------
-Dan
Hopefully a Black 95 200sx SE

·
Registered
844 Posts
Hello,
Get an SE-R! I had an SE. It was nice and all, but the SE-R kicks ass. Looks the same inside and out, but the engine is much better. 140 stock hp vs 115...
Plus a limited slip differential.
Go out and find one for sale and drive it. Then drive the SE...

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes you can do that but I dont know how. And please get an SE-R and not a gay16.

MarC

·
Registered
194 Posts
yeah, like he said before, it's worth it to get a se-r

140 h.p. instead of 115
4 wheel disks
limited slip diff.
close ratio gears
sportier suspension

you'd spend thousands to get a se up to the se-r performance level....IMHO

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BWilsor- thanks for the link man.

Everyone else, oh don't get me wrong guys, i would soo much rather have an SE-R. sweet ass cars. But i'm 17, limited funds, and this is a car my parents are buying for my sister and i to use so i doubt they'll go for an SE-R. They barely want the SE. It's not really going to be a racing/draggin car. Just something i can putz around with and have some fun with. If you can find an 95ish SE-R for 6 grand then by all means lemme know. haha. thanks again guys. later

------------------
-Dan
Hopefully a Black 95 200sx SE

·
Registered
844 Posts
I got my se-r for 6 grand. That was a year ago w/60,000 miles. I looked on my local news paper site. Classifieds.
I do know how hard it is to convince the folks and the insurance to get an se-r. I got my se at 20 and the insurance laughed at me when I mentioned se-r. I don't know why?
Hang in there. They are building up am SE in sport compact car magazine...

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I did the fog light mod today in about 15 min. Its easy if you just read the post on se-r.net.

MarC

·
Registered
424 Posts
I was suprised how easy it was too. Normally I break what i'm working on out of frustration, but non of that this time around.

------------------
96 w/ HS CAI(soon to be installed), timing @ 17, Naxos muffler, Eibach Sportlines, KYB GR2's all around(soon to be replaced w/ Motivational fronts), APC Clear corners, and Focus short throw.

·
Registered
303 Posts
cool, i hope that works for my g20. i'm going to try it tonight.

------------------
Jon
'95 Infiniti G20t

Stillen intake, HS header, "custom" exhaust, A'PEXi Dunk muffler, JUN flywheel, ACT clutch, GC's w/AGX's

·
Registered
705 Posts
While were on the subject...some of you saw me do the foglight mod at Salt Fest. I had(and still have) a small problem. I spliced the wires correctly, however, when i turn on my parking lights and foglights, my passenger side headlight also comes on. What could this be caused by? I know i have the right wires connected. i went over it many times. I can live with it though. I only wanted them to stay on when the brights are on. I dont care much for the *fogs/parking lights on in the middle of the day* look.

------------------
Ryan Walsh...1st 97 owner ever to succesfully mount a 98SE exhaust to a 97SER!
relaxing after a quiet ride home from SF2K1. first day without an exhaust in a long time.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well i pick the car up tuesday. i can't wait. I know, I know, i should have gotten an SE-R, but for right now in high school this car is good enough for me. Just a little toy car for the next couple years. Anyways. I'll be puttin in my JVC headunit, will it require an antenna adapter or do they use normal size plugs? It has a sony headunit in it right now so hopefully i can just use the adapters already in it. the person with it before me put in bose speakers which sound pretty good so i'll leave them alone and maybe put in 1 10". I'm more a fan of nice tight and accurate bass than bass you can hear 5 miles away.

i was also thinking, instead of hooking the fog light relay into the parking light could i hook it into some other wire that's on when the car is on? like the radio circuit or something...that way i can leave just the foglights on and no parking lights but still not have to worry about leaving them on...they'll turn off when the car is off. any thoughts on this? later guys

------------------
-Dan
Black 95 200sx SE
(Pickin it up Tuesday!)

·
Registered
303 Posts
hey man, either way, congrats! you should talk to wes on this board, if you're interested in getting something out of that 1.6l.

Jon

1 - 14 of 14 Posts