SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
pimpin since 03!
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
might be a repost**

ive been sitting here for like two nights just trying to think of how i can flange something to fit on out t25 turbos without hitting the crossmember and for sure without cutting it! i did not want to have a mechine shop do it because my piping is 2.5 all around and the turbo outlet it 2.0 and the 2.5 is totally bigger than the bolt holes so i woule have had to go from 2.5 to 2.25 then have them make me a flange or me order one for 30 bucks and then have someone make me a sharp enough 90* and blahh blah blah weldeing and all sorts of stuff, for you in the same boat get it!!! well what i thought of wich turned out great!!!

take your original outlet pipe, hacksaw the 3 bolt flang off evenly so it looks just like a flat three bolt flange... now you take the pipe, and as you all know it has to bolts that are and are threaded like 3 or 4 inches through the outlet pipe, well take your hacksaw (be carfullll fully inspect your outlet pipe before cutting!!!!) and cut about one inch back from where your threebolt flange was (this is so you can fit a bolt back in when done) and try to round the pipe as much as possible where the flange was originally... after the two long screw guides are cut back enough you know can either mate it up to your car and look about where it can be rewelded and make a black line...(mine was turned a 1/4 to maybe 1/2 inch clockwise (when looking at the flange side) now all you need to do is find a shop someeewhere in town that weldes aluminum... i found one about 5 min away i took it down there, the guy said come back at 12, i said of i came back, and it was great!!!! cost me $30 dollars!! i came home took my dremmel and cleaned off all the access aluminum around the bolt holes... when facing the turbo the botom left bolt is almost impossible to bolt back up due to tightness (the bolt wont fit going from the front.... soo all i did was took my original bolt (smallest of the three) and threaded it in backwards (warning this can be a very time comsuming procedure, tight place with about a 1/4 turn at a time!) you take the original bolt and youll see that it has 2 washers on it... the larger washer will not fit at first because when it started to thread it hits this little lip on the turbo.. so a easy fix is cut that washer off the bolt... (or put it in a vice and hit the bolt out, then you can still use the washer, after you smash it back flat in the vice) then you take the same washer or another that will now slide up and down the full length of the bolt.(you will see what i mean when you get into the process).. now start to thread the bolt into the turbo from the opposite side, so it will work kind of like a stud for your outlet pipe. and just tighten a nut onto the flange side... for the other two sence the original bolts are wayyyyy to long, you can take one of the large ones to a harware store and find one shorter, and those will thread right in!!!!

i hope this helpes some of you... good luck with your swaps guys! i am getting my pipes powder coated and all im waiting on in the mail is my silicone couplers, and reducers and its on the road!!!!!

thanks
jake

·
pimpin since 03!
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i dont have a camera.. and it is already mounted on the turbo, with rtv and everything but i wil try and get some pics of it already on my car

·
pimpin since 03!
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yup exactallly just not as smooth. because thats the hotshot kit right

·
utahnissans.com
5,051 Posts
It is the HS piping, you still may have a problem w/ the turbo hitting the dogbone. I had to trim mine until I bought the one in the picture.

I have had my piping sitting in my shed for 10 months, if I would of known you needed something to copy I could of shipped it to you to copy. :)

·
pimpin since 03!
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
itsss all good its working fine

1 - 7 of 7 Posts