SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on hotshots website, and they have a disclaimer on the bottom of thier page saying that all of thier products are for off road use only. So, if I get a jerk police officer who decides that he wants to get me for everything, could he order me to take the header off? Is Stillen the same way?

·
Registered
178 Posts
On a four door import, I wouldn't worry. At any rate the chances of them checking under your hood are negligible. (Unless you are caught for transporting drugs, then they might want to take a peek in there.)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All that means is that in case whatever State you live in (e.g. California) doesn't recognize the "exemption number", the company can say that you knew it was for off-road use only, so they're not liable if you get in trouble with the authorities. That almost NEVER happens, so don't even worry about it

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
Ah, ****, better take my header off. I haven't hit the trails yet and I don't want to break any laws.
seriously though, you'll be fine since almost all their products for us do little to increase emmissions, except for maybe the turbo kit.

------------------
Ryan 97 Black SER
advanced timing,custom 2.5" catback exhaust with dynomax super turbo muffler, Unorthodox Racing Pulleys, ES shifter Bushing, Hotshot Header, Hotshot CAI

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well, if too much heat is lost in the header, the cat wont work as well, that may be a little bad for emissions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts