SR20 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Mike,
How many lbs. of boost are/were you pushing with your current setup?

------------------
Chris Alfonso
AIM: RaySERinSD
1992 Honda Civic HB DX
1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R (RIP)

·
BOOSTIN PROTECH STYLE
1,397 Posts
Hi Chris, I tend to keep it around 8 to 14 pounds Usually Im daily driven at 10 pounds though. 370cc injectors tend to limit me but that wont be the case anylonger.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by CruznSER:
Hey Mike,
How many lbs. of boost are/were you pushing with your current setup?

</font>
------------------

Mike.
Turbo Classic, T3/T04e Tial 35mm ".65Bar" Blitz BOV, Custom piping griffen intercooler Core with HK$ EndTanks,custom manifold, 370cc injectors, paxton fpr, Eibach Sportlines, everything else was stolen,
Pectel coming up bigger Injectors and custom fuel rail. DAMN VILLIANS.

[This message has been edited by PSSSHHHGOESMYSR20 (edited 05-27-2001).]

G

·
0 Posts
Hi Mike ,
Thanks for the info on how to turbo charge a naturally aspirated SR20 I have been doing some research and have been told that I shouldnt boost more than 7 psi or else the pistons will kaka themselves but here your
saying that you can boost up to 14 I am currently looking for some forged pistons but they are very hard to come by downunder
how come you can boost so hard ?

·
BOOSTIN PROTECH STYLE
1,397 Posts
No problem, Remember Im running 370cc injectors I've run 14psi before but I would continue to do it unless Im using race gas, You can up the Boost a lot if you get bigger size injectors like Im gonna get "660s" with the proper Fuel and engine managment Im gonna up the boost to 20 + on the track or leave it at 16 on the street.

Mike Collins
Turbo Classic

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by nissanprimerat4:
Hi Mike ,
Thanks for the info on how to turbo charge a naturally aspirated SR20 I have been doing some research and have been told that I shouldnt boost more than 7 psi or else the pistons will kaka themselves but here your
saying that you can boost up to 14 I am currently looking for some forged pistons but they are very hard to come by downunder
how come you can boost so hard ?

</font>

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As long as you have proper fuel, ignition, you can be able to boost up to 1bar on the street w/ stock internals.

1bar = 14.5lbs

Ideal Setup:
550cc injectors, Cobra MAF, JWT 4-bar program , MSD 6A or SCI w/ stock plug wires = the necessites to get you boostin 14.5-20 lbs. this is w/ no internal mods

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">This is posted to all the Turbo gurus in this forum:

Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong or missing anything..
</font>

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
msd dis?...how do you use the Digital ignition on cars that dont use coil packs? im guessing ur refering just to mitsu's.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts