SR20 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be selling my black auto 96 200sx se-r within the next 2 or 3 weeks. I just wanted to get an idea of how much to ask for it. Its pretty much stock except for the injen short ram intake, kyb agx's, eibach prokit springs, 17 inch konigs w/ toyo proxes fz4, and remote start. It has 83xxx miles and is in great condition besides the rear bumper being slightly bent (it pokes out on the sides) and the passenger side has a few dings. How much should i expect to get for it?

·
Registered
947 Posts
kbb.com says private party value is 4,545 for a vehicle in excellent condition. I've also noticed that in most cases light mods as you have will not increase the value, and it might even decrease the value. Another disadvantage is that it's auto, so most people on the forum wouldn't be as interested. I think nizzan4u2nv is right, 4k at the most.

·
Fried Rice
1,272 Posts
How bad are the dings? Also, mods do not raise the value of the car, but lower it. This is due to the fact that you never know who installed the part, and whether it was done correctly. On top of that, aftermarket is always looked upon as lower grade then OEM. The fact that you have an Auto doesn't really help either. With stock wheels I'd give you about $3K.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
metro_se-r said:
How bad are the dings? Also, mods do not raise the value of the car, but lower it. This is due to the fact that you never know who installed the part, and whether it was done correctly. On top of that, aftermarket is always looked upon as lower grade then OEM. The fact that you have an Auto doesn't really help either. With stock wheels I'd give you about $3K.

so should i take out the intake and put the stock air filter back?

·
Fried Rice
1,272 Posts
guru3k said:
so should i take out the intake and put the stock air filter back?
Depends who you're selling to. Air filters are not really looked upon as "mods" any more because its the first thing you do. Most of the buyers shy away when they hear the word "suspension" or "engine mods". This is also because a light bulb tends to go off in their head...."if they spend money to upgrade the car, why are they selling it? Did something go wrong?" Basically a lot of it is just paranoia, because no one wants to get screwed. Its just the kind of world we live in.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts