SR20 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my friend has a couple of turbos that are sittin in his garage and not being used. he has offered to give me one that needs rebuilding. it's out of an audi A4, he thinks. he said it could be out of a audi 80.

my ? is do you think it will work? i don't mean the turbo itself, but the application. i know not all turbo's are created equal and i'm looking for 7-8psi on all stock internals. does it matter that it's off an audi? i mean as long as i can get the piping and the ecu reprogrammed and an FMIC, i should be good. right? i mean a free turbo is a free turbo, rebuild or not. right?

please be patient, i'm still learning about turbos.

TIA for your input.

·
_______
3,640 Posts
What is the speck on the turbo? Alot of Audi turbos ar small as hell and not verry efficent.

Most likly the turbo won't fit anytype of turbo manifold made for an SR. You would need to make a custom mani and those cost$$$. It probably isn't even worth the agrivation to make the mani.

Go out and buy some used DET stuff or find someone selling a nice turbo like a t3/t4 and get an F-max mani. Most good sized turbos will bolt up to the F-max one.

Mike

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Mr. MOFOshieet has a line on some rebuilt T3/T4's for $350 a pop that BOLT RIGHT TO THE BLUEBIRD MANIFOLD. The pic he gave me is at home. Trying to get him to give it to me now...

------------------
Ben98SentraSE
98 Sentra SE TURBO

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
thats not that big
what is that t3/t04 w/.82 a/r? or bigger.

------------------
98 se-r w/ p/r cai, stillen header, courtesy exhaust, JUN flywheel, ACT clutch, NOS nitrous kit, eibach springs, kyb struts, st sways, cusco camber plates, f/r strut braces, lotsa bushings, and a bunch of other crap not really worth mentioning

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ben98SentraSE:
Mr. MOFOshieet has a line on some rebuilt T3/T4's for $350 a pop that BOLT RIGHT TO THE BLUEBIRD MANIFOLD. The pic he gave me is at home. Trying to get him to give it to me now...

</font>
the t3/4 sounds good but wouldn't i want to use a gti-r intake mani? i thought a bb mani was our altima? (ka24)

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Nononono, the Bluebird TURBO exhaust manifold. MUCH MUCH different than a normally aspirated exhaust manifold.

------------------
Ben98SentraSE
98 Sentra SE TURBO

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just so you know thats me holding the turbo.. and yes thats what we sell!.. hehehe.. thats JIZZ cost 425.00 Coated nice like you see here. 400 uncoated

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
get a banshee and we can talk

------------------
98 se-r w/ p/r cai, stillen header, courtesy exhaust, JUN flywheel, ACT clutch, NOS nitrous kit, eibach springs, kyb struts, st sways, cusco camber plates, f/r strut braces, lotsa bushings, and a bunch of other crap not really worth mentioning

1 - 10 of 10 Posts