SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
713 ways to be a dick!
4,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering using the TDO4HL from a 91 automatic eclipse in a custom setup on my 1.6 200SX. I wanted to know what the factory red-line is on that vehicle and what the turbo is gated at from the factory? I have the opportunity to buy one thats in good condition for a fair price. I know it's a smaller turbo but I'm confident that it will support what I want to do and be very responsive. Any other info. you have on this turbo is appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
Wes

www.wes.nissanpower.com

G

·
0 Posts
First gen eclipse/talon/laser turbos were good for 300hp. However I do not believe it will bolt up to a 4 bolt Garrett flange. I say this because most kits for our cars have a garrett flange. A second gen T-25 is only good for 235hp when you are spinning it to death. Check endplay and have a machine shop build an adapter flange.

·
Enemy of the stupid
4,727 Posts
Yeah what he said. I don't think it will bolt up to the nissan manifold. I know the 14B will bolt up to the 2nd Gen Manifold. If you can pass on the Auto Turbo. Those aren't 14B's I think more like 13B's. The 14B will feel good tho not too laggy but good topend power you want.

·
713 ways to be a dick!
4,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I appreciate the responses. As I stated the setup is custom so the manifold is being completely custom made. So pretty much any turbo within reason can be adapted. Is there an eclipse/other car that uses the TDO4 14B? As you stated I want decent response and I don't want it to fall off on the top end. I know I can't have supercharger like response but I would like something that is well rounded. Any ideas on where to pick up a 14B? Or do you know of anyone getting rid of one? While were at it what does 14B denote? Is it a different compressor wheel or what? I appreciate any and all information shared!

Thanks,
Wes

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Hey 4g63...my friend has the vr4 galant and i was wondering about ne suggestions for him to get like turbo size and intercooler setup or nething u think would be good for his setup...the engine is built already.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts