SR20 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stine, ProjectSE-R, and myself met up today at Car Wars, an 3x a year Imports-n-Domestics thing at Mt. Parkway Motorplex in Clay City, KY. Thought the other list members would like to see some pics of our little outing...

The Three Amigos: L-R, Stine, your humble narrator, ME, and ProjectSE-R, with our cars in the pits:

John (ProjectSE-R) wondering, "What in the hell did Greg do to my timing??? WTF???" He'll survive...

Greg barely gets beat by turbo Neon, but gets a nice 13.89 timeslip for his troubles:

And here's the proof. 13.89 on a 150,200-mile engine! So there:p (I apologize now for the crappy 2.1x 60-ft time. Must do better...must do better)

All in all, a fantabulous day to be a SE-R owner. I got to meet two great members of this Forum, hang out, make a couple runs, and all in 70-degree weather. The event had way too many cars (300) for the track operators, and all three of us ended up booking early and being happy with our day.

There are 3 Car Wars events every year. We'd like to get more Forum members out to the next one, in the spring. So, here's a heads-up to you all in the WV-OH-KY and surrounding area: Let's all get together next spring at this event, and have a truly mammoth SE-R get-together.

Make your plans now. Worth every penny.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Yeah, that place was packed tighter than a shoplifter on Christmas. I mean cars EVERYWHERE! All these tegs and civs riced up with just about every accessory imaginable and they run 10.3's in the 1/8th?!?! HAHAHA! There even was a 2000 SI that only ran a 10.1!!! It was fun except for my tuning fiasco! :mad:

By the way I was the only 200 there and a silver Spec-V rolled in....only to watch! :( I believe we were the only ones sporting the SR20's. There were 1 or 2 240's, 2 bad ass 300TT, a 280ZX with a 350 conversion, good ole corvette killer, & Not 1 NX!!! Whats up with that MAUI!!! I tell you what gang, if any of you can make it for next time, DO SO!!!!!

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Robert;

Thanks. Look at your mph in your sig, I'd say you're already in the 13s and don't know it ;) You're one good launch away from mid-13s with that mph...

Chris;

I run a 75hp shot, direct port. I did run on my Nittos. However, the track wasn't in the greatest of shape on the starting line. I've hit 1.98 60-ft times before, so that explains that, I guess. If I'd have hit another 1.98, then that turbo Neon might have been mine ;)

Ralph (Big Money Grip) in NC is the new owner of this nitrous setup. He'll be snagging 13-second timeslips from here on out with it. :D

-GP-

·
Registered
497 Posts
Wish I was up there with you guys. Sounded like a blast. I'll be up for the next meet if you guys are.

Greg;

Lookin forward to da 13's. Well that is until my new fuel pump comes in!!! Then maybe 12's. Whahahahaha:D

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Nice meet!!!!
Great representation of the SR20!!!!!

**** So what happened to ProjectSE-Rs timing?!!! ******

·
Registered
17 Posts
wow, congrats and it sounds like you had a great time.
i live in va, and definitely want to come to the next one!! keep us informed. i don't have anything done yet to my car for speed, but hopefully by then i will have done a minimum. i just want to know what this puppy can do right now, so i can watch the improvements.:cool:

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ralph;

You'll get in the 12s with the right fuel pump and a $30 jetting change. I'll show you how :D

Sexyse-r;

The more the merrier! We'll have to watch our language, and in general, not act like guys....but....it'd be cool having a girl in the SE-R camp, any day. We'll all start making plans probably in late January-early February. Stay tuned.

-GP-

·
Living up Boost
893 Posts
Damn,

If I knew the Bengals were going to get smacked that bad, I would have skipped the game and came down. Just remember, let me know way ahead of time next time.

-saaby

·
Registered
727 Posts
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I didnt wanna be the one to say this Saaby but......

I TOLD YOU SO!!!!!

:D

Nah, we'll pull you down for the next one in the spring! MUCH FUN!!!

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just an added attraction:

Here's the video of my 13.89 run, courtesy of ProjectSE-R...

http://members.home.net/herdinsider/1389.mov

No music, no titles (like my other videos). I'll work on that in the coming week, make some big production of a turbo Neon getting me by a fender blah, blah, blah.

Saaby;

That's what you get for being a Bengals fan ;)

-GP-

·
Registered
727 Posts
Yeah no problem! On a funnier note, I thought my engine bit the dust on the way home from work yesterday! But good ole Greg calmed me down. We narrowed it down to the BRAND NEW timing chain tensioner that I put in 2 weeks ago, to be the culprit. Well ,we are at least 90% sure thats it. It was the weirdest noise, like a flat tire at highway speeds or someone taking an industrial sized fan, turning it facing up. Now take a rag and attach one to each blade ,turn it on medium and let the rags slap against the firewall of my car. That is what it sounded like. When I went to get it from where I shut it down at, the noise was only present for 1, maybe 2, seconds, then it went away. Now I only hear a clicking niose before and after I rev on the engine! WTF!!!?? :confused:

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Damn , sorry to hear that!!
Thats some crazy shiznit!!!:( :mad:

I never heard of anything like that. Hope you get it fixed!!!!
Oh, where are the pics of the battery relo?!!
hook it up!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts