SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please report any weirdness to me. I still need to fix/make changes to a number of things so don't be surprised if something is there one minute and gone the next. I didn't want to keep the forum down any longer.

Unfortunately, this is all a work in progress. The image gallery is down temporarily as are the product reviews.

A new server has been ordered to replace this one. Should have it online in a month. Thanks.

·
Banned
2,587 Posts
sr20deboston said:
Please report any weirdness to me. I still need to fix/make changes to a number of things so don't be surprised if something is there one minute and gone the next. I didn't want to keep the forum down any longer.

Unfortunately, this is all a work in progress. The image gallery is down temporarily as are the product reviews.

A new server has been ordered to replace this one. Should have it online in a month. Thanks.

This version of vB is weird. I guess its just cause Im not used to it. Just seems weird how the whole screen is a little different. Will the changes have any benifits? Thanks for bringing it back up!

·
70/30 Racing
11,372 Posts
whoa, this is different.

whats the red x next to the names? we gonna have spy photos of us on the pot there?

·
Tired!
10,149 Posts
Wow, this really is different! BUT, i am sooo glad to have the forum back. I needed the old search function to find some belt #s and such and it wasn't there.

Brent

·
Premium Member
5,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is what happened.

Last year I upgraded to b6 having been informed that things wouldn't change too radically between that version and the final version. Well, that isn't the case. The changes to the interface now are permanent and are part of the vBulletin 3 software.

The old look of the forum was specifically for b6 and not the final version so it was completely incompatible. I had to choose between hacking up a similar template and upgrade, or just wait around for the old template to be updated to work. I choose the former, since there are mods that I'd like to install and I need this version of vBulletin running to do it. I didn't want to wait any longer.

Honestly, the forum doesn't look the way I think is clean and consistent, so I expect to be tweaking it over time to clean it up.

·
<>< Jesus is the Answer
5,518 Posts
good deal! i like this new version. Maybe its just me. I always like changes :)

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
nizzan4u2nv said:
I was going through withdrawal, I was about ready to join nissanforums to get my fix. HAHA :tongue: :D
I would never be that desperate.

·
I need me SE-R
1,930 Posts
OH MAN! I did that, too. I went over there to browse. That was so lame...I was desperate...but not that bad. So instead I actually did homework. Haha

·
Premium Member
4,241 Posts
Weirdness: still can't view forum leaders.

These new smileys are fun though: :D :cool: :eek:

·
Coropate greed hater
4,044 Posts
nizzan4u2nv said:
I was going through withdrawal, I was about ready to join nissanforums to get my fix. HAHA :tongue: :D
Its funny how I saw some sr forum people over at NF. That must explain the huge traffic we had over the weekend. But ofcourse, no one would want to admit that openly because being on NF is not cool, right? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
470 Posts
Harris said:
Its funny how I saw some sr forum people over at NF. That must explain the huge traffic we had over the weekend. But ofcourse, no one would want to admit that openly because being on NF is not cool, right? :rolleyes:
heh, i'll admit i spent a majority of my time here, but this weekend I was over on NF searching because of my high idle problem...

·
-John-
690 Posts
I joined Nissan forums and posted once and man that place was boring...lol I was checkin hoping the server was just down and kept cheakin every 30 minutes...what a lonely wekend

1 - 20 of 42 Posts