SR20 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
~DIM
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i found a 240 and its in pretty good shape. here goes: its black and it hasnt been in a wreck from what i can tell and i know what to look for. the paint is ok and the interior looks good. its a 90 and it says it only has 112k miles but the odometer isnt hooked up or somthing, in some way its not working so im not sure. the break lights dont turn off and the guy said its because of a sensor you can pick up at autozone for $5(not sure if they are gonna fix it or if they expect me to). the motor mounts are either kinda bad or the motor is off balance because of the something be cause it likes to hop around. it makes a loud clicking too and i think its the valves. it also burns oil out the back but also when you open the hood you can see some burning plus smell it. keep in mind i plan to do the s13 swap so the motor isnt that important. the guy wants 1.8k but i think i can get it for 1.2k. you guys think that is worth it? if i got it im sure i would run that motor into the ground while i saved for s13. i really didnt want to get ne thing earlier than a 91 but if i got the front clip then i dont have to worry about the couple extra mods right? i dont plan to have a/c or power steering after s13. thanks for any help and sorry about the long post.

·
Registered
74 Posts
motors dying, probably low oil pressure and the timing chain guide is wasted, if you have the money for an SR i say beat the **** out of that KA til it explodes (shouldnt take much)

1200 is alot unless the body is REALLY nice, id basically tell him it needs a new motor and offer him 800, again, if the cars really nice.

what kind of dash is it? does the tach work? does it have a digital display for MPH? if so the reason its not working is because the ship for the HUD has desoldered itself, its very common. anyway, its a 90, not really worth THAT much especially since the motors on its way out.

·
~DIM
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i like what you say. yeah i wanna run that motor into the ground so bad hahaha. the dash is analog with no digital at all. yeah tach works and speedo just the odometer and tripometer. body looks really good. just looks like they nicked something on the driver side fender that was just enough to get the reflector. other than that the body and interior look fine. i was gonna offer 1k and if he doesnt take it go up to 1.2k real slow like and if he doesnt take that then ill just leave. how hard is it to get a 180sx rolling chassis? and is it worth getting a 180? i want RHD so bad. thnx for the input dude.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
GoinSleeper said:
if i got it im sure i would run that motor into the ground while i saved for s13. i dont plan to have a/c or power steering after s13.
S13 is the chassis code. If you buy this car you will own an S13. If you buy a 95-98 240 you will own an S14. And always remember, an SR swap does not make it a Silvia. It will always be a 240 regardless of what's under the hood or what badges you stick on the body.

·
8,886 Posts
Take a look at the link in my sig. I paid 1800 for that S13. Motor runs perfect, Transmission perfect (will swap a 5 speed in during the SR swap). It has one dent (which I am fixing myself), needed new pads all around ($35) and needed a good cleaning (free). Had new tires, AC works great, Seat a lot worn, Interior in good condition otherwise. Rest of the body very straight. He want 3000 before the dent and the rear caliper froze up. Fixed the caliper with a cleaning.

·
Registered
127 Posts
haha, you want a 180sx? you cant get, they dont exist here. you can have motorex import you one, and pay out the ass if you really want one that bad.

$1200 is defenitly a lot for a rolling chassis with 112k miles. id go like $800 max, but thats just me.

why are you getting rid of the power steering? its goona suck trying to turn when you get decent tires on it, i cant turn my 215 nitto's at all when the car is off, basically how itll be for you all the time. have fun without p/s.

·
Registered
127 Posts
what? 180sx's were never imported. 200sx's were never imported. ONLY 240sx's.

the only legal 240 engine in the US is the KA, because the CA and SR never came in a US car.

·
Registered
124 Posts
the 200sx was very much imported here. only with a different engine.
BTW there is a section of this forum called "200sx se-r".
a chick at work has one, and she is not one of these people who put badges on there cars..i.e. integra type R badge on a 4 door LS.

·
Registered
127 Posts
dude, 200sx as in S13 200sx. im not retarded. one of my good friends drives a 200sx SE-R, a B14 200sx. '

B chassis vs. S chassis, FF vs. FR, independant rear vs. solid axle........

and 200sx's here, if SE-R's do have SR20's, just FWD, and non turbo. SE's and bases came with the GA16DE.

please understand the arguement before you post a moronic response.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
...... S12's were 200sx's in japan and america alike...

·
Registered
127 Posts
again, he wasnt talking about s12's, he never even said 200sx, i did. he said 180sx. he meant a 240sx hatchback. 200sx's and 180sx's (both S13 chassis) look like USDM 240sx's. i was commenting that the only S13 that the US got was the 240sx.

im gonna go hop in my onevia and ride away, this thread is pointless.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts