SR20 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ran my car last night at Firebird International Raceway here in Arizona. First off, the track was not prepared at all. They started laying down VHT @ 7:00 pm and still didn't prep the track well in time to start racing at 8:00 pm. Firday night drags get started @ 6:30 pm, so they were way late getting started. They were having a drag bike event this weekend so they didn't spend the normal amount of time to prep the track like they normally would. I ended up running a best of 12.3 @ 115.6 @ 19 psi and 17 degrees of timing. My Greddy PRofec B will only boost up to 19 psi because I still have the dip switches configured for external wastegate w/ overboost rather than just external wastegate. The car could not hook up very well last night even with the JWT Drag Launch control. I ran the 12.3 @ 115.6 w/ a 2.0 60' time. I still have a few more psi to go before I start to reach the limits of the DET. Once I get the boost controller dialed in and get a decent launch I should be able to pull off a mid-high 11 second pass.

Louis Anaya
Apex Motorsports

G

·
You go louis!!!! Got a quesiton...What is external wastegate and a internal wastegate? Also What other other programs DOes JWT have for the DET??? And what do they do. My car is a street car.I want to pull at least 12 down 1/4.Also does anyone know the limits of the JDM DET????Also how much HP you think you are pushing. Can you email([email protected]) me some upgrades I can do to my DET.Right now am Spearco intercooler(3.5x6.52x24) and mr greddy type s is comin.g I keep email you for help but you never email me back. Good Luck on hitting 11's

Richie

G

·
When you will be out there next? If you want a drive, speedworld always has wednesday night drags. Its usually only about 30 cars so you can get plenty of runs if you want.

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
Nice run Louis.

------------------
Ryan 97 Black SER
advanced timing,custom 2.5" catback exhaust with dynomax super turbo muffler, Unorthodox Racing Pulleys, ES shifter Bushing, Hotshot Header, Hotshot CAI

·
BOOSTIN PROTECH STYLE
1,397 Posts
Nice run Louis Hope you hit those 11s soon
. That sucks that they neglect the track like that. Oh by the way what size slicks were you running?

Mike
Turbo Classic.

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
BTW Louis, we are all jealous of you in Connecticut. We don't have a track to hang out at on Friday nights. There's Weds. night's in the summer but nothing to just chill at night. Our cruise scene used to be alright but now is overrun with cops and riceboys.
You wouldn't mind another SE-R in Arizona would ya?

------------------
Ryan 97 Black SER
advanced timing,custom 2.5" catback exhaust with dynomax super turbo muffler, Unorthodox Racing Pulleys, ES shifter Bushing, Hotshot Header, Hotshot CAI

·
Registered
448 Posts
Yea congrats Louis...your on your way to a very quick ET.

Like Ryan said...we are surrounded by kick ass tracks, but none close by. All are within 1.5hrs drive. Kinda sucks, but I guess at least we are not in the middle of nowwhere with nothing close by.

Our cruise scene is tanking big time. What was once the strongest cruise scene on the EastCoast (I'm talking 8 second cars being trailored up, dropped and run) with about 1000 cars showing up on any given Saturday night has turned into a big clusterf*** between rice boys doing parking lot burnouts and the police.

Oh well....

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Richie - Tial, HKS, Deltagates are all external wastegates. The stock T25 and T25 have internal wastegates or actuators that control boost.

Ryan - Thanks, but don't be jealous. I forgot to mention that it was 80-85 deggrees that day and at 8:30 pm it was still 70+ degrees outside. So heat is a contributing factor also!

25 Characters - I will be back at the track this Friday (4/6/01) so come on down. I have school on Wednesday night so I can't go to Speedworld. Besides, it is in TOTALLY opposite directions from my house.

Mike - Yes, it sucks that they didn't get the track prepped. There could have been some major safety issues involved also. Luckily they didn't, but the track was not in it's best shape. I am running Lenso 13x7.5 wheels with MT 24x8x13 slicks.

Jay - Thanks! I just need to crank up the boost to 23-25 psi and I should be in the mid 11's. I need to dial in the PRofec and get the timing up to 20 degrees. Ben and I have had a hard time adjusting my timing. My idle seems to fluctuate a lot , therefore not allowing us to crank the timing as much as we would like. Our scene out here has pretty much diminished. The cops are all over the place, no matter what part of town you are in. What used to be our "Illegal" drag ares have now become developed with new home divisions and higher number of police officers. AZ is the 2nd largest growing state in the US, so all of our "Secret" places are now new home developments or office spaces. Sucks! I have pretty much stayed away from the street races. Too many cops and too much to lose if you get caught. I have nothing to prove to anyone on the street. My car is pretty well known here in the Phoenix area. If people have something to prove, I tell them to go to the track and we will see what happens there! I am still having traction problems also. I was only able to pull a 2.0 60' time since the track was so ill prepped. With a good launch (1.7 -1.8) I would have easily gotten into the high 11's. I am also having a bit of an alignment problem right now. My camber and caster is way out of specs and my lower control arm bushings are pretty beat up. I am going to install the lower control arm bushings, adjustable camber plates and getting an alignment this week. So I will keep you guys posted within the next two weeks.

Thanks for all of your input and comments!

------------------
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1497569&a=11327630

Louis Anaya 1992 Sentra SE-R
349.6 hp & 288.9 ft/lb @ 19 psi, 13.6 @ 111 mph(Street Tires),12.3 @ 115.6 mph(Slicks), Bluebird SR20DET w/ GTiR Pistons,T3/T04E,Deltagate Wastegate (7-9 PSI) FMAX Manifold, RevHard FMIC, JWT S3 Cams, JWT Ported & Polished Head, 1996 200SX SE-R Welded & Cyro Treated Tranny, ACT Xtreme P/PL & 6 Puck Disc, Cobra MAF, JWT ECU w/ 4 Bar Fuel Program, MSD 50lb/hr Injectors, JWT Fuel Rail, 300ZXTT Fuel Pump, AeroMotive Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator, Greddy Type "R" BOV, Greddy Profec B, Greddy Boost & EGT Guages, UR 4 Pulley Kit, Powerslot Rotors, Axxis MM Brake Pads, ES Motor Mounts, Topspeed Short Shifter, Momo Cobra Shift Knob, KYB AGX Struts, GC Coilovers (350F/600R)& 17x7 White Tenzo Shu-4's w/ Sumitomo 205/40/ZR17 Tires (Street), 13x7.5 White Lenso VPD's w/ Mickey Thompson 24x8x13 Slicks(Drag)

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
Haha, oh yea. Those temps would really bother me. Winter just won't go away up here. Anyway Jay I think its time to go to Hartford like Derrick was saying. Pete posted in the sec. forum on thepike.net Good luck breaking in to the 11's Louis.

------------------
Ryan 97 Black SER

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I am also having a bit of an alignment problem right now. My camber and caster is way out of specs and my lower control arm bushings are pretty beat up. I am going to install the lower control arm bushings, adjustable camber plates and getting an alignment this week. So</font>
Would the Nu-tech lower control arm brace help here? Or do you have a phat (hehe) downpipe in the way?

G

·
Got a question... Did you change you valve springs on the your DET? Also when will i have to upgrade my ignition system also???

Richie Soliven Representing Split Second Racing in Va beach,VA
SR20DET Power, HKS EVC EZ( boosting at 10 psi), HKS TURBO TIMER, JWT ECU , Greddy catback exhaust, 3 in ATR Race Cat(That is hollowed out), 3 in downpipe,300zxTT fuel pump HKS plugs,Magnecor wires, SSR rims 18x7.5,relocated battary to the trunk, AGX'S struts and Ground Controls, Stillen kit

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I will ask Ken Nord if the Nu Tech Bar will fit with my 3" Downpipe. There is very little room under there.

I have the stock valves, springs and retainers. I do have head work and S3 Cams, but that is it. I will be saving up for the C Series cams this summer when I do a full build up. The stock ignition is only good for about 230-250 hp. After that you will need to upgrade to an MSD 6A or SCI ignition.

Louis Anaya

·
BOOSTIN PROTECH STYLE
1,397 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by APEXSER:
I will ask Ken Nord if the Nu Tech Bar will fit with my 3" Downpipe. There is very little room under there.

I have the stock valves, springs and retainers. I do have head work and S3 Cams, but that is it. I will be saving up for the C Series cams this summer when I do a full build up. The stock ignition is only good for about 230-250 hp. After that you will need to upgrade to an MSD 6A or SCI ignition.

Louis Anaya
</font>

·
BOOSTIN PROTECH STYLE
1,397 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by APEXSER:

</font>
Hmm It looks like your Downpipe is coated? Does it make any difference or just keeps it rust free? Also I know what your talking about with the ignition My car Sputters bad sometimes and usually a plug with get ****ed up. I need to fix that.

------------------
Mike.
Turbo Classic, T3/T04e Tial 35mm ".65Bar" Blitz BOV, Custom piping griffen intercooler Core with HK$ EndTanks, custom manifold, 370cc injectors, paxton fpr, Super AFC Apexi, Greddy EGT, AutoMeter Boost Gauge, HK$ Turbo Timer, Blitz SBC, Eibach Sportlines , Haltec coming soon, full facelift coming soon. Full 180 Deg turn about to take place. Cars almost paid off you see :)

G

·
So thats about 14 psi right? Dame Thats pretty good.How much does MSD 6A or SCI ignition cost? I didnt know the JDM DET was So strong. Because I was reading at the S13 to the S15 can only Hold 14 psi before changing the springs. IS that Right???

SR20DET Power, HKS EVC EZ( boosting at 10 psi), HKS TURBO TIMER, JWT ECU , Greddy catback exhaust, 3 in ATR Race Cat(That is hollowed out), 3 in downpipe,300zxTT fuel pump HKS plugs,Magnecor wires, SSR rims 18x7.5,relocated battary to the trunk, AGX'S struts and Ground Controls, Stillen kit

·
Registered
596 Posts
Louis,

I don't think the Nord tech lower strut brace is going to work for you. The bar sits flush against the crossmember. So since your downpipe falls below the crossmember, it would probably be in the way of the lower strut brace.

I'm not sure about this, so I hope somebody will give you a definitive answer, but by your picture, it doesn't look promising.

Tommy

·
Registered
448 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by TurboSentra:
So thats about 14 psi right? Dame Thats pretty good.How much does MSD 6A or SCI ignition cost? I didnt know the JDM DET was So strong. Because I was reading at the S13 to the S15 can only Hold 14 psi before changing the springs. IS that Right???
</font>
Huh?

G

·
Because I read that the S13 and the s14 DET'S have to change there valve spings. I could be wrong.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Tommy- I am pretty sure it won't fit. But it definately would help.

Chris- I solved the ignition problem by cranking up the timing to 17 degrees. Everything seems to be ok now. It seems as if a little timing will go a long way with turbocharged SR20's.

Louis

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by PSSSHHHGOESMYSR20:
Hmm It looks like your Downpipe is coated? Does it make any difference or just keeps it rust free? Also I know what your talking about with the ignition My car Sputters bad sometimes and usually a plug with get ****ed up. I need to fix that.

</font>
Actually, the downpipe and exhaust are just painted with ceramic paint, not coated.

Louis

1 - 20 of 21 Posts