SR20 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll have a couple hundred bucks to spend comin' soon and I'm wonderin' what it should be on....

Say I were to get a front end... which one should I get?
The new SE-R:

A skyline kit:

or the Stillen front lip (2 pieces that stick to my stock bumper):

Or should I save the money towards a TQ Converter (400 bucks)??? I dunno if i wanna do the headers, Matt, cuz whenever I get turbo i'd get rid of 'em anyways... but i guess it'd do SOMEthing for me temporarily... altho i'd rather have something i can keep till "the end"...

Gimme suggestions, guys... and no i can't do cams, cuz I have the roller rockers & diff setup(01 model remember)

·
Registered
765 Posts
Start upgrading your suspension and brakes coz you will need the extra balance and stopping power when you go Forced Induction.

Or you could get an exhaust coz it will help u out later down the road when u go Turbo. Get the fattest diameter pipe, I dunno if Courtesy makes an exhaust for your car yet, but thats what I have and its 2.5" mandrel bent.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I wouldn't get the exhaust just yet, plus it might be too expensive. If you got a big enough exhaust for turbo, it would take away all your low end right now.

Do suspension or brake stuff like Matt said. See if they have sway bars or anything for your car yet.

I would hold off on getting a front end until you can afford the whole kit at once. It's just my opinion, but having just an aggressive low front end looks weird when their aren't side skirts and a rear valence to match it. :)

·
Registered
765 Posts
yeah, thats what the ricers do. they get just the front part and leave it primer grey hehehe :p

like tommy said, get some strut tower braces and antisway bars

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well as for the struts that might be an idea or B&G has a coilover system...

but the sway bars aren't an option really... noone makes one for the rear because it isnt accessible... and the front comes with one in the performance package, so I'm already equipped...

maybe i'll hit up on the TQ Converter for 400 bucks... i'll need it for the turbo anyways

1 - 5 of 5 Posts