SR20 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Front End Venting.......

this is what I'm going with , they are already sourced

just the vents, it will work and will be done in the next couple of weeks.....

.........the image will probably be down in a few days.....
but I will post it back up when it does........ :D

·
You got SERVE'd
113 Posts
why is there a pic of a pontiac?

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
Hmm lets think about this guys. This post is in the NX2000 forum. The post title is about grill insterts. The picture of the Pontiac clearly shows grill inserts. If we put 2 and 2 together we can pretty much assume he is going to try and modify the front of his NX to use said inserts. Get it?

NX$paniard said:
umm i just see a picture of a ponitac grand am???

·
You got SERVE'd
113 Posts
Yeah, I see nothing special done to the pontiac. Grille insterts are usually mesh like metal.

·
Registered
54 Posts
That car is bang on the line of horrible and tasty. It had all the potential but then they just ****ed it up with the half-assed'ness.

Not as good as a Suburu or an EVO. Dissapointing.

As for the inserts. Errr.... good luck... well done for trying, hope to see what its like.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
.......thank you for the explanation paNX2K&SE-R .........

I'm talking about just using the two "insert"ed parts of the front of that car...
.......the IS NOTHING special about that car........it simply has the parts that I am going to use already installed as they are OEM for that car.........

.........the picture is to save the headache that some must get when trying to use their imagination .......
.........if I need to wear a flame-suit just to post an idea for MY car then I must be in the wrong place...........
...............don't hate...............I don't................

.........It is just an idea using imagination, common sense and logic..........
I thank paNX2K&SE-R for having all 3 of those attributes also........

dotdotdotdotdotdotdotdotdotdotdotdotdotdotdotdotdotdotdotdotdotdotdot

·
Registered
493 Posts
I knew what you were talking about. I think those would look cool in the front. Be sure to take photos along the way so we can get a good write up of how you got them to fit and look good on the car. Can't wait to see this mod.

·
Registered
532 Posts
AG>SR said:
.......thank you for the explanation paNX2K&SE-R .........

I'm talking about just using the two "insert"ed parts of the front of that car...
.......the IS NOTHING special about that car........it simply has the parts that I am going to use already installed as they are OEM for that car.........

.........the picture is to save the headache that some must get when trying to use their imagination .......
.........if I need to wear a flame-suit just to post an idea for MY car then I must be in the wrong place...........
...............don't hate...............I don't................

.........It is just an idea using imagination, common sense and logic..........
I thank paNX2K&SE-R for having all 3 of those attributes also........

dotdotdotdotdotdotdotdotdotdotdotdotdotdotdotdotdotdotdotdotdotdotdot
You need to realize that not everyone can connect a misued title with a picture of a Pontiac. Don't yell at these people for flaming you because you are being unclear. Especially with these dots... Just use three at a time and maybe a comma once in a while :D But anyway, try to explain things a little better instead of just posting blatant statements that require philosophic logic to figure out.

Now, in response to your grill, I think it will look really cool, especially if you take the Nissan emblem off your hood and put it in between the grills - If it will fit.

·
Registered
504 Posts
What "insert"? I don't see an insert anywhere. At least not anything applicable to our cars. This isn't clear to me either.

edit:

Whoops, I didn't realize I was in the egg forum. Now I understand, still sorta confusing though with the pontiac pic.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
.........wow I must have been in a bad mood when I responded to this the first time...........

I SINCERELY APOLOGIZE FOR THAT

REALL DO SOUND LIKE A DICK THERE in my head I sounded like a geek but well whatever..........any way

I am just talking about the grill inserts.....in the pic you can just make out the seam of the vents.........I saw one of those grand ams in traffic the other day and I said those are the ones....so I tracked down a pic of the car on ebay and there is the pic.........I'll make a better one after tomorrow when I have them in hand.........if they work out good and there is a good response I'll gather a few and make a fg mold that we can tweak or include in whatever front end that might happen..........

.......but yea I'm thinking about getting one of those bigger badges for the murano or titan and mount in the middle..........

I'll keep you all posted................sorry again for coming off like I did.........
I'm simultaneously quitting nicotine and cut my coffee to 1 cup in the morning.......raaaaaaaaaaghhhrr, Jason

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
..........I also have 2 black side scoops for an old Fiat........the ones that looked like a convertable-fiero-that shrunk in the wash..........

........if anyone is interested....drop me a PM.......I'll post pics with the others.........

·
Registered
493 Posts
I think the word "inserts" through people off. because that is typcially an aftermarket term and that grill is all stock. i assume you are taking about the two opening in the bumper for the grill between the headlights. and you bought the two OEM trim pieces and will try to mold them in.

Keep us posted. Have you ever posted pics of your car?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts