SR20 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just changed mine and the belts. Is this a common problem? Never had it fail on any of my other SR20 powered cars. Maybe from not being driven much? The car does only have 39k on it could that be the cause?

·
AWD owns me
4,167 Posts
wow! 39k. sell it to me..lol I have seen it happen on my se-r that had over 100k on it. Could have gotten dry over time and each time you start it, it wears away some material.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
93W91SER said:
wow! 39k. sell it to me..lol I have seen it happen on my se-r that had over 100k on it. Could have gotten dry over time and each time you start it, it wears away some material.

Yeah thats what I am thinking. It was brittle. And the spring was kind of popped out as well. So it wasn't holding tension. Just glad I did it instead of waiting. The crank cover had a part that went over the CV boot. It had broken off and was rubbing on it. A bit longer and the boot would have been damaged. Never saw this part before must have fallen off my other cars. No way would I sell it. To hard to find decent cars now with low mileage.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts