SR20 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
"The world is yours"
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wasent sure were to put this so i stuck it here.

i was wondering, ive seen front tower bars sell for 30 - 100 bucks and i was thinking. wouldent it be easier to just get a steel pipe (1/2 in or so), the crush the ends of the pipe till there flat and then weld the bar the cars towers. could be do for under $10. anyone think anything about this?

·
BANNED!!eleven
840 Posts
maybe. i dont think so. why, when the 30 dollar ones for your car are fine. sway bars make a bigger difference, however.

·
"The world is yours"
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im just looking for a cheaper way im on a tight budget.

·
SE-R Mana
759 Posts
Don't see why that won't work. Might look ghetto but if you don't care . . .

·
Registered
679 Posts
On top of that, if the car is not level it will not track right. Anyone 'Pre-load' their strut towers?
-Tim

·
"The world is yours"
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
um yhea thats a thing to consider. make sure the car is on level ground. and i dont think it would look that ghetto if it was welded good and then painted it.

·
"Keep firing, Assholes!"
796 Posts
my buddy found an ebay strut brace for my car and bought it for something like $16 shipped. it's nothing special, but there's not much to a strut bar anyway.

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
Fast91SER said:
They go as cheap as $6.99, plus its shiny and nice looking, rather than a bar welded to the chasis.

Watch out though, the $6.99 ones are usually the ones they charge as much as $19.00 to ship.... it's kind of a scam, but not really, cause you're still getting a strut bar for less than $30.

·
Slowly modding...
389 Posts
I got mine for like 12 bux, and 10 to ship, so it wasnt bad. I wouldnt weld the front strut 'pipe' on, maybe for the back strut towers. Just spend the 20-some buxs and get an ebay one.

·
Got Boost ?
328 Posts
If you want to go that cheap why not just make some brackets and weld the pipe to them that way you can remove it later when you can afford something better

·
"The world is yours"
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks guys for your imput.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts