SR20 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
"The world is yours"
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wasent sure were to put this so i stuck it here.

i was wondering, ive seen front tower bars sell for 30 - 100 bucks and i was thinking. wouldent it be easier to just get a steel pipe (1/2 in or so), the crush the ends of the pipe till there flat and then weld the bar the cars towers. could be do for under $10. anyone think anything about this?

·
"The world is yours"
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im just looking for a cheaper way im on a tight budget.

·
SE-R Mana
759 Posts
Don't see why that won't work. Might look ghetto but if you don't care . . .

·
"The world is yours"
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
um yhea thats a thing to consider. make sure the car is on level ground. and i dont think it would look that ghetto if it was welded good and then painted it.

·
"Keep firing, Assholes!"
796 Posts
my buddy found an ebay strut brace for my car and bought it for something like $16 shipped. it's nothing special, but there's not much to a strut bar anyway.

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
Fast91SER said:
They go as cheap as $6.99, plus its shiny and nice looking, rather than a bar welded to the chasis.

Watch out though, the $6.99 ones are usually the ones they charge as much as $19.00 to ship.... it's kind of a scam, but not really, cause you're still getting a strut bar for less than $30.

·
Slowly modding...
389 Posts
I got mine for like 12 bux, and 10 to ship, so it wasnt bad. I wouldnt weld the front strut 'pipe' on, maybe for the back strut towers. Just spend the 20-some buxs and get an ebay one.

·
"The world is yours"
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks guys for your imput.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.