SR20 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, MAYBE someone has heard of this or had it happen to them, but ive never heard of it...I go to adjust my AGX's the other day, I had them on 4 front and 8 rear. Well i adjusted them all until i got to the lat one. My driver rear. It would not budge from the #8 setting. WTF is up with that?!

------------------
Ryan Walsh, 1997 200sx SE-R w/ ES mounts, JWT s4's, AEBS 4-1, PR CAI, Sportlines/AGX's, Bridgestone re730's, Matrix FSTB, Stillen GTR grill

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Storm88000:
Maybe it adds some truth to what I was always saying...."Don't drive on the street with them set at full stiff"

</font>
What does that have to do wiht it?

------------------
Ryan Walsh, 1997 200sx SE-R w/ ES mounts, JWT s4's, AEBS 4-1, PR CAI, Sportlines/AGX's, Bridgestone re730's, Matrix FSTB, Stillen GTR grill

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Get a long screwdriver and try to use it to push on the "notch" on the dial. It's really awkward to get your hand in there to change the rears and I've found you can get a lot more leverage with the screwdriver. Good luck.

------------------
Paul
'92 NX2000 w/ mods

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Scarpa:
Get a long screwdriver and try to use it to push on the "notch" on the dial. It's really awkward to get your hand in there to change the rears and I've found you can get a lot more leverage with the screwdriver. Good luck.

</font>
Im not having trouble getting my hands in there at all? And i dont wanna risk breaking th knob thing wiht a frigin screwdriver!

------------------

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Dunno then. Call KYB and ask them what's up. You really think you're gonna break the knob off?

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Scarpa:
Dunno then. Call KYB and ask them what's up. You really think you're gonna break the knob off?</font>
Its only plastic!!

------------------

·
RE-F/ING-TIRED:)
1,318 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Storm88000:
Maybe it adds some truth to what I was always saying...."Don't drive on the street with them set at full stiff"

</font>
thats total b.s. and you know it.

·
RE-F/ING-TIRED:)
1,318 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by RPWSER:
I go to adjust my AGX's the other day, I had them on 4 front and 8 rear. Well i adjusted them all until i got to the lat one. My driver rear. It would not budge from the #8 setting. WTF is up with that?!
</font>
you know that you can turn the knob either direction, right?
imho, there's some dirt/grime between the knob and body. shoot some wd40, or something in there, and let it sit for a while then try again.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Teal97:
you know that you can turn the knob either direction, right?
</font>
Duhhhh!!

------------------

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No, I havent, but i guess I should now that you mention it...but Im still afraid of breakin the knob right off!! Oh well.

------------------

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Sometimes they are stiffer than others. Are you reaching thru the rim or around the front of the tire? It's easier around the tire and you don't get your hands as dirty

------------------
Ben98SentraSE
98 Sentra SE TURBO and crashed 93 NX2000

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by brian:
jack off more, your hands will get stronger
</font>
LOL!!

------------------

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ben98SentraSE:
Sometimes they are stiffer than others. Are you reaching thru the rim or around the front of the tire? It's easier around the tire and you don't get your hands as dirty

</font>
I always go through the rim and neevr had a problem. Wierd thing...today i went ot adjust them, thinking maybe it just may work...i went to the stuck one first, and owuldnt oyu know it...click click click click....as easy as it ever was i couldnt believe it. Wierd. But well i have them set at 2 and 4 now, giving my ass and back a rest form the months ive had it set at 4 and 8. I loved bein able to take corners fatser, but i got sick of the bounciness, LOL.

------------------

1 - 17 of 17 Posts