SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
/// God Speed! ///
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a set of front lower control arms for b13. I originally wanted to sale these to some people that expressed intrest in a thread I start about offering a service for people that wanted to remove and replace there front LCA's.

The Lca's I have are ready to bolt in. They have new ball jionts, and new ES bushings pressed in. This is a real convenience if you are in need of replacing ball jionts and want to go with the ES bushings. Most people have to remove the LCA's, take them to a shop and have the old bushings cut off, have the old
ball jionts pressed out and have one of the original bushings pressed out. While you are having all this done your car is on jackstands and you still have to pay someone to press the ball jonts and bushings out.
With these LCA's all you need to do is turn a few bolts and you are done.

Here is a break down of the costs.

$50 core charge
$110 no mark up here, this is the same cost you would pay if you bought 2 ball jionts and LCA ES bushings from www.suspension.com
$50 labor

When you remove your old LCA's send them back to me and I will send you the $50 core charge back.

So initially It costs $210 + actual shipping charges
After core return $160
Darren

·
Professor Dingbat
5,543 Posts
I can attest to how much of a pain in the butt this job can be. $50 is a good deal to avoid the headache!

·
<>< Jesus is the Answer
5,518 Posts
daren, i am still interested. BUT i would be even more interested if you had the rear suspension all ready to go also. I work 6 days a week and cant afford to miss a day for my car being down.

Let me know what you can do in that dept. ok?

·
schmo
83 Posts
Its311Pete said:
I have a set of front lower control arms for b13. I originally wanted to sale these to some people that expressed intrest in a thread I start about offering a service for people that wanted to remove and replace there front LCA's.
You've got a PM. Are you still going to do more of these?

thanks
Joe

·
Registered
495 Posts
Pete I will have an extra set of LCAs after this weekend if you want to buy them as a set to start. $50 shipped they are yours. I PM'd you but never heard back :(

·
/// God Speed! ///
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cutlr7 said:
Pete I will have an extra set of LCAs after this weekend if you want to buy them as a set to start. $50 shipped they are yours. I PM'd you but never heard back :(
Sry. it took so long, sent you a PM... I maybe getting those off of you after all.
I will get back with yeah.

Darren

·
/// God Speed! ///
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
blairellis said:
daren, i am still interested. BUT i would be even more interested if you had the rear suspension all ready to go also. I work 6 days a week and cant afford to miss a day for my car being down.

Let me know what you can do in that dept. ok?
Blair if you could hold on a week or two I am getting ready to do my rears.
I can then figure out what kind of costs would be associated.

I know a lot of people expressed interest in the rears since they seem to be a lot harder to do and more time consuming.

·
Banned
361 Posts
hey b13 and b14 have the same control arm right??i think so-im going to check into it and get back to you-if they are i will take them and i will send you my control arms with payment-get back to me-justin

·
/// God Speed! ///
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
pearl200 said:
hey b13 and b14 have the same control arm right??i think so-im going to check into it and get back to you-if they are i will take them and i will send you my control arms with payment-get back to me-justin
I believe they are the same. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Sale is semi pending at the moment, if I have enough intrest I may do another set. I just hate to tie up $110 and not know if they will sale.. but I am willing to take a chance I guess.

Darren

·
Banned
361 Posts
can i be next in line if it falls through or if you do another set-justin

·
<>< Jesus is the Answer
5,518 Posts
cool deal. hit me up on PM's when you get your rears done. Ill let you know whats up when you get back with me wether or not I want to do this.

·
/// God Speed! ///
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
SR20 91 SE-R said:
How Much Do The Lca's Sell For Brand New? Just Wondering
Adam
I don't know but I know that the only way to get ball jionts from Nissan is to buy them already pressed in the LCA's. Considering that, I bet they would be very expensive.
Darren

·
Registered
529 Posts
Darren,Is your service still available? If so PM Me
Thanks

·
<>< Jesus is the Answer
5,518 Posts
Damnit, just my luck. Right after I decide not to buy these I have something wrong with the car that this could potentially fix. I just got my tires rotated and balanced but the shimmying from the steeringwheel at 50+ didnt go away. Im thinking either tie rod ends or ball joints which the ball joints could fix. Im kicking myself right now.

Darren~ PM me if you have another ready to go.

·
schmo
83 Posts
I'll be sending my cores back to Darren this week, so the next person can take advantage of his service soon. I got the pre-assembled parts from him a couple weeks ago--made the job pretty darn easy. Two thumbs up :D

--Joe

·
<>< Jesus is the Answer
5,518 Posts
good deal. i found a set of spares and pressed my own shizzle in there. I just need to find a set of rears to press my stuff into.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts