SR20 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Dreamin' of VVL
791 Posts
David, just curious, I know you just put in the DET recently, but why did you go to all that trouble and now you are selling? I might be interested though, if the price is right.

·
vincit omnia veritas
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by johnand:
David, just curious, I know you just put in the DET recently, but why did you go to all that trouble and now you are selling? I might be interested though, if the price is right.</font>

I built it, rents drove it, and forbid it, lol.
Sucks to be me, but I really don't have that much room to complain. I love the car, but they (parents) say it is too fast for now and I need something more reliable .. going to college and all.. yada yada.
I am asking 6.5k to the list/community, and I am putting it in the paper for 7-8k sometime in the next week or so..
mods are:
1991 Sentra SER
NX Brake upgrade w/metal master pads (10 k on them)
SMC stainless brake lines (10k)
SMC short shifter (momo knob)
Clarion deck clarion front speakers, jbl rears
Ground Control Coilovers w/ 350f 250r rates (4k on them)
Kyb AGX's (8k on them)
Suspension Techniques front adn rear sway bars
Full Eneergy suspension poly suspension bushings
Energy shifter insert
Energy motor mounts
Newer passenger engine mount.
DET installed 1k miles ago, the det is clean, has very acceptable leak down and compression numbers. The turbo is tight! no play, does not leak oil motor is strong, boosts hard
Apexi AVC-R boost controller, Apexi turbo timer
Car handles great and is fast. Rents want me to sell it because I need something "reliable" (they won't believe me that this car is reliable) and something not as fast (the main reason) for college.
My loss, bigtime.
Car has fresh paint, also. The drivers quarter panel was replaced in February, a ford truck damaged it, I have pictures of the damage (not on the computer though. The damage was only "skin deep" so I had the skin of the quarter replaced. UPDATE!~ I called the WA DOL.. TITLE IS CLEAN!
WAHOO!!!
Let me know if you want to know more.

------------------
David Lau <[email protected]>
Stop Fast, corner better B13 SER in Vancouver, WA

[This message has been edited by PNWser (edited 06-06-2001).]

·
vincit omnia veritas
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
also, the intercooler is mounted up front, mandrel tubing from turbo to TB, Car has 2.5 mandrel downpipe, new flexpipe, new 3 inch cat, resonator, and cat back.
I am sure I will think of more new things later!
Let me know

------------------

·
vincit omnia veritas
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update: Car has a clean title =)
Good for bank loans, go get approved -=)

------------------

[This message has been edited by PNWser (edited 06-06-2001).]

·
Dreamin' of VVL
791 Posts
David, thanks for the details. Just have to decide whether I want a new Spec-V or a DET Classic! Will let you know by this weekend if I decide on the DET Classic.

·
vincit omnia veritas
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by johnand:
David, thanks for the details. Just have to decide whether I want a new Spec-V or a DET Classic! Will let you know by this weekend if I decide on the DET Classic.</font>
Since I have been informed that the only money I will have to get a new car is the money from the sale of the sentra, the price went up =(
I am asking 8k, taking offers.

------------------

G

·
Wow dude, sweet ride. I'm sorry your parents are making you sell it. My parents made me do the same thing about 9 years ago with an 87 Saab 900 Turbo for the same reason. I wish it was practical for me to buy your car. Good luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts