SR20 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
change isn't always good
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

pic borrowed from sr20ser.
These are 18 gauge polished stainless steel spark plug covers. I do not sell the mounting hardware. Price is $25 shipped in the US. Etching is no longer available. More info can be found HERE.

paypal me at [email protected]

I only have a few so please email me before paying. Thanks!

·
change isn't always good
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So How The Hell Does It Stay There?
screw through the middle attached to the center bolt on the VC.

·
change isn't always good
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Would that work for a 96 SER?
Yes. As long as your vc looks like the one in the picture it will work. This does not fit VE's or roller rockers.

·
8,148 Posts

http://www.mcmaster.com/
(630) 600-3600
1-9 Each $3.58
10 or more 3.13

Part Number: 93020A775

Nut Type
Coupling Nuts

Coupling Nut Type
Hex

Material Type
Steel

Finish
Black-Finish

Grade/Class
Not Rated

System of Measurement
Metric

Thread Size
M6

Metric Thread Pitch
1 mm

Thread Direction
Right-Hand Thread

Width
13 mm

Height
16 mm

Thread Type
Standard Threads

Rockwell Hardness
Maximum C44

Specifications Met
Not Rated

·
8,148 Posts
I am passing this thread amongst the other SR20 forums around the globe. Can you ship overseas? If so can I get comission? :biggthump

·
8,148 Posts
If you use the piece I found online above (which is $3.57 shipped to the door from McCarr) you have to just screw off the screw holding it down.

·
8,148 Posts
cause4alarm said:
they charged me 4 bucks shiping but i got it within 2 days
You ordered from them in the past? Cool. I opted for ground shipping. It may come out of their NJ warehouse.

·
change isn't always good
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I don't understand why people want that specific coupler. Your just tacking it to the center nut anyway. Couldn't you just use any coupler as long as it's the right length and you have the right bolt to thread into it? In other words get a standard coupler half inch or so, tack it to the center nut, put your cover on that and screw in a standard bolt. Doesn't really seem to be a need for the metric stuff. I could be totally wrong here? Maybe someone can clearify for me. Thanks!

·
8,148 Posts
robkris8079 said:
I don't understand why people want that specific coupler. Your just tacking it to the center nut anyway. Couldn't you just use any coupler as long as it's the right length and you have the right bolt to thread into it? In other words get a standard coupler half inch or so, tack it to the center nut, put your cover on that and screw in a standard bolt. Doesn't really seem to be a need for the metric stuff. I could be totally wrong here? Maybe someone can clearify for me. Thanks!
This way there is no welding to those of us who do not have access to a welder. The reason it hex is important is because a socket can slide right over it. The hex coupler will take place of the acorn nut.
BTW, they charged me too:
$3.58
Shipping $3.75
Your credit card will be charged $7.33

·
SR20JET POWERED!!!
1,819 Posts
wow is that 3.49 for one coupling nut? just goto a fastenal...there everywhere. and one coupline nut is under a dollar, but you might have to buy a pack which is about what you would pay for one from mcmastercarr.

·
8,148 Posts
Xse-rX said:
wow is that 3.49 for one coupling nut? just goto a fastenal...there everywhere. and one coupline nut is under a dollar, but you might have to buy a pack which is about what you would pay for one from mcmastercarr.
A few people wanted to know if that could be included. Maybe it can..

The Australians want in...
http://forum.pulsar.org.au/showthread.php?p=674047#post674047

·
change isn't always good
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
prettywhite I got one email from austrailia. Let them know if they want a group buy I will send them to whoever organizes it and then they can mail them out. It will be $260 for 10 shipped to one Austrailian address. I don't do the hardware. They will have to source that from over there. It would probably up the cost of shipping more than the parts cost over there. Thanks for all the help people.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts