SR20 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Her 1st track day in 2017
2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my former track car that has been generally returned to stock. I say stock, but the car will have several mods that are just too difficult to remove. The exterior of the car is in pretty good shape with a couple bubbles of rust in normal spots. I just had a freshly painted front lip installed on the car before deciding to sell it, and the stock hood is back on the car (instead of the CF hood).

I didn't get any bites when it was for sale built, so I decided to pull parts off of it. I have a couple little things to finish up before I can get any updated pics. My to-do list on the car is: install heater hoses (VE and DE locations are different), radiator, coolant, oil, and that is about it.

Exterior:
  • tinted rear windows
  • freshly painted front lip (no tears)

Interior:

Drive train:
  • Roller Rocker SR20DE (from 2002 G20)
  • brand new OEM rod bearings and water pump
  • PS eliminator kit
  • AC still installed, needs recharged
  • ACT street disc & pressure plate
  • Redline Shockproof heavy transmission fluid
  • SSAC header
  • 3" 304SS exhaust with all mandrel bends including Magnaflow resonator, muffler, and 3" cat
  • all 4 Prothane engine mounts
  • OEM axles that were fully rebuilt (0 miles on the rebuilds so far)
  • Walbro fuel pump
  • 5th gear pop out was replaced by the previous owner (receipt was found for that when I purchased the car).

Wheels, etc:
  • ARP extended lugs on all 4 corners
  • AD22 front calipers (powder coated) with stainless brake lines
  • stock rear calipers
  • Energy Suspension master bushing kit
  • 1 year old battery (Duralast for a Miata – small version)
  • 15" Kosei K1 wheels with Yoko ES100's

That doesn't count fuel filter, clutch cable, tie-rod ends, ball-joints, wheel bearings, etc that were all replaced about 15k miles ago (all OEM Nissan from Greg V). I bought the car with about 116k miles, and it is close to 130k miles now. It was my dedicated track car, so I did not put many miles on the car; but I did run it at several track days. It was very fun, but my 2nd child was born and it was impossible to use the car with both of them (roll bar). So I've decided to sell it, and concentrate on my G20's.

I have some stock NX wheels that need painted and tires, and I would take $400 off the car if the buyer just wants the NX wheels (they can cover new tires for those wheels or bring their own wheels/tires).

The car is on a stock suspension, so that would probably need to be replaced to make it a nice street car.

The GReddy MSS and gauges in the center panel will be removed. The radio will be moved to the stock location and the little pocket will be re-installed.

Older build thread: click
Misc. interior, exhaust pics: click
Old for sale thread when built: Click

These pictures are still pretty good representations of the condition of the car (the car is not this low anymore - see note about stock suspension):

Car originally built for this:

Asking $2950.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Josh -

Bump for a solid seller.

Congrats on your second child! Too bad that you couldn't sell your NX as built for the track.

Bill

·
Her 1st track day in 2017
2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you think it would pass smog in California?

I guess only 1 way to tell.
I'm not sure what is required for smog in CA, but it passed the sniffer test in IL. Granted that was with the VE, but the same 3" cat and exhaust is still on the car.

Visual may give you issues since it has a header, but I don't know how difficult that is to deal with.

Josh

·
Registered
32 Posts
wow amazing price i sold the guy the g20 motor that i got from a hook up...(buddy works at plaza motors) motor was in a warrentied out car the rolled with only 30XXX on the motor this is a hell of a steal i just wish i had 3 grand

·
Registered
32 Posts
um if you would take 2500 for it i would pick it up...but i know how nice it is so i would hate to low ball but as you know im in school and id love to be able to use my school resources to turn this into a monster

·
Sleeper in progress
193 Posts
how much for cf hood?

·
Sleeper in progress
193 Posts
DARN

1 - 11 of 11 Posts