SR20 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I recently tried to change my fuel filter but wasn't able to get the fuel hose off the filter, it's really on there tight for some reason, any suggestions to get the fuel hose off?

·
Registered
146 Posts
use a small tip screw driver or a pointed tool like an ice pick and shove the tool in the gap between the hose and the filter and twist of or just cut it off there should still be enough fuel line left to get back on.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Yea try to pry the end with a screw driver
and twist the hose to break the seal it formed.

------------------
92'XE/w-Primera swap
sleepr w/N20

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Be sure you unscrew the damn thing off so you have a better grip and just start twisting to break that seal. It is a big pain!! If worse comes to worse you can cut the lines. If theres enough slack just hook it back up, if not then its time to go buy some new lines. If you do buy new lines you could relocate that S.O.B. somewhere nicer.

good-luck!!

------------------
-

-

·
Seeing red
2,084 Posts
To echo everyone else, I pried the hoses off with a combination of clever screwdriver placement and light cutting.

Have a catch pan and lots of paper towels ready for the volume of gas that will inevitably be spilled.

·
Registered
450 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by JimR:

Have a catch pan and lots of paper towels ready for the volume of gas that will inevitably be spilled.[/B]</font>
Hey pull the fuse to the fuel pump and you won't have to take a bath.
(like I did!)

------------------
Erik, 94 Classic with goodies
"She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid."

·
Registered
195 Posts
I believe that after pulling the fuse you can crank the engine once or twice to get rid of all the fuel.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Dam! Your right! It would have gotten me AGAIN next time!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts