SR20 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got the usual poor cold idle and hesitation like many of us.I've cleaned the EGR and BPT lines with no change,but have also noticed some noise which seems to be coming from my injectors.Is this normal? It is a clicking noise.I put some Techron in with my last fill-up,with no results.Just wondering if I might want to check the condition of the injectors and if this could be a source of the problem.

·
Hostile Aberration
4,820 Posts
I don't know about the clicking noise. :melonscratcher:

However, a bad injector can certainly cause a shitty idle and hesitation.

I know this for a fact, had to replace an injector a couple months back. :tongue:

If it is an injector, buy them used on the Classifieds. New ones are outrageously expensive. You can get four (4) on a fuel rail for about $40 bucks all day long pre-owned. Folks going turbo upgrade them all the time, leaving the stock ones for folks like me with a standard DE motor.

·
Is an SE-R/VE a VE-R?
2,262 Posts
Injectors 'click' normally - you can usually hear 'em ticking away even with all the rest of the racket, but you may not hear it until you know what to listen for. Get yourself a stethoscope - you should have one anyway - you can pick one up at just about any auto parts place, but all of them are those damned steel rod things, so you have to unplug the steel rod and stick a piece of tubing in place of it, then, if you wish, stick an itty bitty (no more than an inch or two at the big end) funnel on the end - then you have a great tool to isolate noises - including buzzes and rattles inside the cab, etc.
Jer

1 - 4 of 4 Posts