SR20 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
WWJD
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently heard that you should adj the fuel pressure with tha vacuum hose on tha FPR off,is that correct cause when I take the hose off, the pressure drops signifigantly????? advice and info needed!!!

·
On Vacation
3,821 Posts
Pressure should not fall off...I'm confused.
i.e. When I adjusted my Nismo FPR to accomodate for my 4 bar setup..I set it to 53 psi at idle and when I take vacuum source of it rises to 60 psi.

Manny

·
WWJD
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm gonna check it real quick

·
WWJD
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Manny your right, when I took off the hose the pressure rose to like 65psi but I set that with tha hose on at the time!!!

·
Registered
647 Posts
yeah from everything i've ever heard, and the way that do it is, with the vacuum disconected

·
WWJD
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So from what I gather from you guy that means my correct fuel pressure is about 65psi.I will tha car run as good when I correct tha pressure??will I save more gas???

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
Your car will run much better, Trey. Might save some gas, too. Set it like Jonathon mentioned, to the numbers Manny said, and you're golden.

You do have the JWT 4-bar program on your ECU, correct?

·
WWJD
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yes, but I just called Andreas miko and he told me that when tha hose is on the gauge should read 52psi and when it is off it should read about 59psi

·
WWJD
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Greg!!!

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
When I went to install the Nismo FPR on my B13, I encountered interference with the throttle linkage. Did you guys need to bend or cut the outlet pipe? If so, how did you deal with this?

Thanks in advance.

Bill

·
WWJD
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yes,you need to get a phillips screw driver or something that fits in there and slowly bend it.

·
Undecided
4,132 Posts
Written directions from Dre.

Set the Fuel Presure to 59 psi with the vacum line off. This will be what you are looking for. If you want to run xtra high HP set the fuel prsure to 60 PSI with vacum line on but only do so if you are trying to get more than 270 WHP do not go for more than 290 WHP with second setup.

Andreas Miko

1 - 15 of 15 Posts