SR20 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think my fuel pump is going. Can I use a upgraded fuel pump on my car. It is cheaper than the OEM one. For example, a walbro fuel pump. My car has S3 cams, header, HKS exhaust and CAI. DO you think it will be a good idea or I should buy the OEM one? Please let me know. Thanks

·
Banned
2,587 Posts
Mr SE-R said:
I think my fuel pump is going. Can I use a upgraded fuel pump on my car. It is cheaper than the OEM one. For example, a walbro fuel pump. My car has S3 cams, header, HKS exhaust and CAI. DO you think it will be a good idea or I should buy the OEM one? Please let me know. Thanks

I dont think it would hurt you to buy a walbro, it should only run you around $100 or so. You may want to buy an aftermarket FPR like the Nismo unit as well, because sometimes your old stock FPR cant maintain the FP I believe. Anyone feel free to correct me if im wrong.

·
Undecided
4,132 Posts
djmayhem said:
I dont think it would hurt you to buy a walbro, it should only run you around $100 or so. You may want to buy an aftermarket FPR like the Nismo unit as well, because sometimes your old stock FPR cant maintain the FP I believe. Anyone feel free to correct me if im wrong.
You are 100% correct. The Walbro 255HP (high pressure) will raise the Fuel pressure and with the mods you have, would hurt performance. If you don't plan to go Turbo or Nitrous then you can get teh 255LP(low pressure) and use your stock FPR instead of buying an adjustable. It'll defintely be cheaper that way if your not upgrading in the future.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts