SR20 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i turn the key to the on position in my 92 ser the fuel pump makes a loud weeerrrrrrring sound for a few seconds then goes off. Then after i start my car is makes a loud noise the whole time the car is running. Is this normal for the fuel pump to be this loud or do i need a new one? If so which would be the best?

·
little Thunder
1,969 Posts
sr20sentra91 said:
When i turn the key to the on position in my 92 ser the fuel pump makes a loud weeerrrrrrring sound for a few seconds then goes off. Then after i start my car is makes a loud noise the whole time the car is running. Is this normal for the fuel pump to be this loud or do i need a new one? If so which would be the best?
When you turn the key to on position the fuel pump will start to prime this is normal. After your engine has started and the fuel pump continues to make noise might be a sign that it's about to go. This is my guess.

If you are to replace the fuel pump depending on your mod goals for your SE-R, I would go with the Walbro fuel pump. You can buy the fuel pump from Terry at FTFmotorsport.com or Jamie at powertechimports.com

Edit: Forgot, I had a fuel pump go out on me once but never made a noise. The car just kept cranking but never turn over.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts