SR20 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think it's time for a new fuel pump. I'm putting in a turbo (I have it) some time soon (in the next 500 years) and will be running max 10psi. Should I just buy the factory one or get the Mitsubishi 3000gt VR-4 one (which I understand, will fit)?????

·
Registered
270 Posts
I'm getting a turbo for my car also in the next month or two and I'm keep my stock fuel pump. I'm just going to upgrade my injectors(370cc) and turning up my fuel pressure. I will be good to gooooooooooo.

------------------
k&n filter,g3 hs headers, no cat,greddy,fpr,jwt motormounts,54mmAFM,stage3 clutch,jwt flywheel,jwt s3 cams,aerospeed springs,konig tuners, 15.1 @ 91.6, no LSD

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I change mine to the 300zxTT. I forgot what year.. Hope that helps.
Richie Soliven Representing Split Second Racing in Va beach,VA---- http://www.geocities.com/splitsecondracing/
SR20DET Power, HKS EVC EZ( boosting at 10 psi), HKS TURBO TIMER, JWT ECU , Greddy catback exhaust, 3 in ATR Race Cat(That is hollowed out), 3 in downpipe,300zxTT fuel pump HKS plugs,Magnecor wires, relocated battary to the trunk, AGX'S struts and Ground Controls, Stillen kit , Carbon Fiber Hood on the way.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
yep, the 300z tt will fit in there with a little modification. will flow up to 750 hp too. supra and rx7 guys use them in their cars around here. look at one and yours will look like a pen compared to that.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks gents. It's nice to get as much info before installing the hair dryer. I think I remember the factory one being good for the 10psi of boost. I just can't be sure.

·
Not on fire... yet
591 Posts
Go with the Walbro, its a direct plug-in and its cheaper than the 300TTZ pump.

------------------
93 NX2K
some stuff and a DET
"project street mod?"
1988 BMW M3 w/ a few toys

·
BOOSTIN PROTECH STYLE
1,397 Posts
You can use the Stock pump to boost up to 13 pounds, but if you plan on going more then that like most people do, because you will get what I call boost happy, and turn it up. You might want to get a bigger pump, 300zx or walbro, Maybe even a Denso will work Im not sure on that one though.

------------------

Mike.
Turbo Classic, T3/T04e Tial 35mm ".65Bar" Blitz BOV, Custom piping griffen intercooler Core with HK$ EndTanks,custom manifold, 370cc injectors, paxton fpr, Eibach Sportlines, everything else was stolen,:( Pectel coming up bigger Injectors and custom fuel rail. DAMN VILLIANS.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BOOST HAPPY??? Hmmmmm, I wonder if I have the self control? I made the temping mistake of purchasing a boost controler. Maybe i'll just throw my new Profec-B in the "trash" and stick with the 8-10 (some where in there) on the present setup??? =) Thanks for all of the advice blokes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts