SR20 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told that the 91 tt 300zx is the kind of fuel pump that I should upgrade to, is this right or should I go with some thing else.

------------------
1991 NX2000 W/SR20DET SWAP,HKS filter,3" EXHUAST,E.S. BUSHINGS, act clutch, blitz turbo timer, boost controller

NX 1600 INTAKE,AND EXHUAST

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Personally i use the walbro but i hate it...its not loud i dont hear it at all but after 8 gallons i need to fill up anything past that when turning like 10mph or going up i hill my car wants to die. Stick with the 300zxtt pump.

·
El Chingon
892 Posts
Really? That's odd. I'm running the Walbro and I've run my tank almost dry (almost 11 gallons on fillup) and I've never had a problem with the pump. Personally, I love it!

------------------
David De Anda
Turbo Sentra SE
HTA Drag Squad

·
Registered
744 Posts
Walbro has not failed me yet. Had it for a while now. got it from Terry Vincent @ www.ftfmotorsports.com. They have them in stock all the time.

------------------
Ryan Nielsen
98 Sentra SE Turbo
12.4 @ 114
363hp / 325ft-lbs

Sponsored By:
Apex Motorsports
(480) 967-6515

FTF Motorsports / Racing
www.ftfmotorsports.com

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Yea i got it from terry too but maybe its just my car, with the orginal pump i couldnt go more than 1/4 tank or say 10gal before my car would die on me and now its 8...just sucks refilling after 160mi

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
how much are the fuel pumps there were no prices when I went to the site.

Thanks Jason

------------------
1991 NX2000 W/SR20DET SWAP,HKS filter,3" EXHUAST,E.S. BUSHINGS, act clutch, blitz turbo timer, boost controller

NX 1600 INTAKE,AND EXHUAST

·
G-unit
1,132 Posts
"Suckit" sounds like you have problems with the baffles or the pickup in your tank. You also may have problems with the fuel lines in your tank sucking air or something. Changing the pump shouldn't change how often you have to put gas in it.

------------------
'91 SEntRa
'92 Sentra XE
SHUT UP AND DRIVE!!!!

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
If thats the case than ive always had this problem since i bought the car, after 9.5gal i need ato refill the gas. A turn would make my car studder but with the new pump in now its worse. Is there any quick solutions to this? HOw can i fix the baffles?

·
Registered
230 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by AZ_TURBOSE:
Walbro has not failed me yet. Had it for a while now. got it from Terry Vincent @ www.ftfmotorsports.com. They have them in stock all the time.

</font>
Which fuel pump are you running? the 190lph or the 255lph? Any drawbacks to runnin the 255lph pump vs the 190lph pump?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts