SR20 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I want to put on a new fuel rail and injectors, I have to start somewhere with the engine mods. Right now it is stock. Would a fuel rail and new injectors help performance? If so, what type should I get? I've already got my intake and headers picked out so I've got that covered.Money is tight so go easy on me as to what fuel rail and injectors I should get.

·
SE-R GREEK
2,581 Posts
mekanik4life said:
Right now it is stock. Would a fuel rail and new injectors help performance? If so, what type should I get?
Money saving tip here...

Fuel rail and injector will do absolutely nothing for power. YOur stock are good for close to 200 whp. Leave them like they are. If you feel you have driveabilty problems or some weird behaviour that can be attributed to injectors have them cleaned by RC engineering and this is all.

Chris

·
little Thunder
1,969 Posts
hpro123 said:
Money saving tip here...

Chris

Here's another... You need to decide what your building your car to be, road racing, 1/4 mile racing, street prep or others.

Your idea:

Fuel rail (JGY) = $135 or $155 (JWT is $260)
4 50lbs injectors = $260 ($65 each)
Nismo FPR = $115
Walbro Fuel pump = $110
---------------------------
Total = $620 or $640 ($745)

For this amount ($620) you can buy a high compression SR20DE. This will set you on the right step to building your car.

Edit:
If you really want to do some light mods I would buy an intake or CAI. The intake you can always use on your next motor. I would also check your current motor for compression and then bump up the timing to 17 degrees (FREE) :).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, if your saying my fuel rail and injectors are good then I'll roll with it. This is how I learn about my sr20de by asking questions of the experienced guys who know. Basically I'm looking to do the everyday [erformance upgrades, maybe run the car down at the 1/4 mile track just to see how it runs. I'm not getting into anything really hardcore.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts