SR20 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What is the difference between a fuel solenoid and a N2O solenoid?
I have an extra N2O soleniod and am converting from dry to wet, can I use the N2O solenoid for fuel?
Things I still need: Y-nozzle & (fuel soleniod?)

I am converting ZEX dry kit, will post pictures after completion.
I bypassed the fuel pressure regulator, and am using the WOT switch and N2O solenoid out of the purple box.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
gruven99 said:
What is the difference between a fuel solenoid and a N2O solenoid?
I have an extra N2O soleniod and am converting from dry to wet, can I use the N2O solenoid for fuel?
Things I still need: Y-nozzle & (fuel soleniod?)

I am converting ZEX dry kit, will post pictures after completion.
I bypassed the fuel pressure regulator, and am using the WOT switch and N2O solenoid out of the purple box.
You know I could be wrong and most likely am, but I would imagine the n2o solenoid is capable of handling more pressure, would be the major difference. Your bottle puts out an avg of I think 900 PSI, on avg. Where as you WOT fuel pressure at 50 max on stock reg and fuel pump.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got the answer off a friends Mustang board, and the difference is the pressure handling. So N2O solenoids will work for both. Fuel soleniods will not work for N2O because they can't handle the higher pressures.
I was going to use my purge solenoid for fuel on the the new setup (to save some cash) but I ordered a fuel solenoid anyway. I am addicted to the purge cloud:)

Will have parts by next week, and will post pictures of the project (after testing is complete)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts