SR20 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Turbo Grocery Getter
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has there been any new solutions to come about with the fujitsubo clearance issues? I remember you guys were using clamps to move the sway bar... has that seemed to work in the long term. I am considering a fujitsubo header soon, that is why i ask.

nathan

·
Turbo Grocery Getter
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
98sr20ve said:
B13 front bar works just fine. So did the Progress Bar I tested. Only one that hits is the B14 bar. YMMV, Etc....
http://www.sr20forum.com/showthread.php?t=61918&highlight=fujitsubo+bar

But in this thread multiple B13 owners say that they had fitment problems. I just wnat to check and make sure before i drop $550 on this thing. As far as the hotshot goes, I didnt get the impression that the hotshot will be a VE specific header, more like a DE header that works on the VE... which is what i already have. (gen 3 hotshot) And i havent heard any release date for the gen 6 yet. Is there something i havent heard related to that?

nathan

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
the hotshot gen 6 is suppose to be made that it works on both cars. It has massive gains over the gen 5. it's suppose to come with a 3 inch collector if i remember right, and it's going to be true stainless steel. something to look into or wait for. atleast i think so.

·
Charlie Brown look alike
3,825 Posts
It has a exhaust flange of a VE manifold, 3 inch collector and equal length tubing for each cylinder from what it sounds like.

·
Turbo Grocery Getter
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Well, i was on the phone with hotshot yesterday ordering a part for my CAI and i mentioned the header. He said he couldnt tell me anything and that its not being produced yet. I wasnt nagging or anything, just asked when the GEN6 would be available. Im just skeptical taht they are going to manufacture a header for the VE market. Technically, the old hotshot headers work on VE's as well... just a bit of overlap. This one will still be tuned for the DE right? Im not sure what im gonna get, im just impatient i guess so i want to get all the info i can. If i can see a dyno that shows improvement or close to the fujitsubo i would rather support hotshot.

nathan

·
VE junkie
907 Posts
yes b13 DOES hit. trust me on this. for some reason if you have stock bushings it does it even worse. possibly we could shim the crossmember, as this might give us a few mm clearance and effectively lower the engine down from the bar, but nhot enough to mess anything up.

·
Premium Member
9,405 Posts
I moved my stock bar over toward the driver's side, and it doesn't hit anymore. They only time it does, is if I'm trying to back up a hill and the motor bogs a little. For normal daily driving, no noise from it.

·
8,886 Posts
Keep in mind there is a fair amount of room to move the oem bar left to right. Any bar can be made to hit if you push it far enough one way or the other with a bigger exhaust.

·
VE junkie
907 Posts
push the bar over and it will just move back. ive tried the pipe clamp trick also. didnt help much.

·
8,886 Posts
92nx2k said:
push the bar over and it will just move back. ive tried the pipe clamp trick also. didnt help much.

Should have shimmed the end links with some washers. That helps a great deal. I got my oem bar nearly silent with this method and the b13 bar never needed it at all. Remember not all bars are made in the same places. They vary a little.

·
BAD FKR
352 Posts
I had no clearance issues and yes I have checked numerous times, including this past weekend when I changed the tranny. I have a good .5 to 1.5 inches to play with (just guessing). I will probably measure it later on today when I recheck the tranny bolts torque. I have all the ES mounts installed on the motor.

·
Premium Member
9,405 Posts
san-man said:
I had no clearance issues and yes I have checked numerous times, including this past weekend when I changed the tranny. I have a good .5 to 1.5 inches to play with (just guessing). I will probably measure it later on today when I recheck the tranny bolts torque. I have all the ES mounts installed on the motor.

You can't check the clearance or move the bar over with the wheels off the ground. I tried it that way, and it still hit. I put the car on ramps, and move the bar with the suspension loaded. That is the only way to make sure the bar will not hit the header.

·
BAD FKR
352 Posts
eric96ser said:
You can't check the clearance or move the bar over with the wheels off the ground. I tried it that way, and it still hit. I put the car on ramps, and move the bar with the suspension loaded. That is the only way to make sure the bar will not hit the header.
I am aware of that. On base they have a car lift that allows you to keep all wheel pretty much on the ground. Thus keeping all the weight transmitting thoughout the suspension, that is the only way to make accurately sure that it is not hitting.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts