SR20 Forum banner

Fun with riceboys

699 views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  NismoNx2000 
#1 ·
Friday night, I went to fill up my '91 SE-R with special 94 octane at Sunoco to get ready for the NASA races at Summit Point. :) This is my roadrace car -- still street legal with catalytic converter and generic muffler, but it has a rollcage, harness, stripped interior, SCCA stickers, numbers, etc. It was named the quietest car that went through tech last weekend at the SCCA drivers' school. :)

After filling up, I pulled out out of the gas station. Three lanes, middle of Fredneck, Md., Friday night around 9 p.m., and I was in the far-right lane. There was a black 4-door Civic next to me (EX? LX? DX? I have no idea, but it was 4 doors, and wasn't an Si -- probably would run 17s at the drag strip, and of course I've never seen the car around here at an autocross or at Summit Point). I noticed the Civic immediately because he gassed it a little. Riceboy exhaust tip amplified the noise. We pulled up at the next stoplight with about a billion cars in front of us. He had rimz, DC Sports stickers, and of course the grapefruit shooter fart can exhaust.

So I pointed and laughed. Really I did! The passenger-side window rolled down (power windows, I guess), and there were two guys that looked to be high school age. The passenger had this goofy mouth-breather expression that didn't change the whole time.

The driver said, "What are you laughing at?"

I said, "Your exhaust tip."

"My exhaust tip, huh?"

"Yeah," I said, still with a big grin on my face.

There was a pause, and the driver looked over at my car with a tough-guy expression on his face and said, "Number 48, huh? You race that thing?"

I said, "No, I just think the stickers look cool." :D

No response. The light turned green, and the guy in the Civic punched it with his exhaust noise echoing off all the cars around us. This little demonstration lasted about 2 seconds because he had to slam on the brakes to avoid hitting the car in front of him. :rolleyes:

I was taking the ramp for 270, and he slowed down to move over a lane and follow me. Like I was going to try and race in a car that stood out like a sore thumb. :rolleyes: The Civic stayed behind me for about a mile when I had to take an exit.

Silly riceboy.

See less See more
#2 ·
slowSER said:
So I pointed and laughed. Really I did! The passenger-side window rolled down (power windows, I guess), and there were two guys that looked to be high school age. The passenger had this goofy mouth-breather expression that didn't change the whole time.

The driver said, "What are you laughing at?"

I said, "Your exhaust tip."

"My exhaust tip, huh?"

"Yeah," I said, still with a big grin on my face.

There was a pause, and the driver looked over at my car with a tough-guy expression on his face and said, "Number 48, huh? You race that thing?"

I said, "No, I just think the stickers look cool." :D

No response. The light turned green, and the guy in the Civic punched it with his exhaust noise echoing off all the cars around us. This little demonstration lasted about 2 seconds because he had to slam on the brakes to avoid hitting the car in front of him. :rolleyes:

I was taking the ramp for 270, and he slowed down to move over a lane and follow me. Like I was going to try and race in a car that stood out like a sore thumb. :rolleyes: The Civic stayed behind me for about a mile when I had to take an exit.

Silly riceboy.
I never have the gull to laugh out loud. I usually just mutter to myself or my passanger. :D

#4 ·
HAHA! me and my buddies usually laugh out loud and point, but never at a car that's stopped right next to us. that's definitely one of the funniest conversations ever! LMAO:D

"No, I just think the stickers look cool."

CLASSIC!!

#7 ·
silversx said:
when will your 1993 SE-R be for sale? i'm in virginia, and a buddy of mine is really interested in owning an SE-R.
There are three people interested in it already. The guy who has first dibs is begging to send me a deposit, sight unseen. :) So it's more or less sold.

Just have to get some scrapes and minor dents on the passenger side repaired ...

#11 ·
hmm... lightning.... damn fast truck!

As for laughing at the guy next to you, well, you don't do that here in Texas. Especially in Houston, Dallas, San Antonio and Austin. I've heard of guys getting shot at for just looking.

And as for 4-door civics, well, look out for my old roommate. He has a 95 civic sedan dx, with GS-R wheels, greddy exhaust, driving lights, and lowered. That's what you can tell from the outside. Under the hood.... B20 with civic type R vtec head, CTR cams, 12.0:1 compression, 370cc injectors, DC sports header, AEM intake I think... Basically, think of a sr20vvl except with higher compression and bolt-ons and you get the idea. It's pretty damn fast. Granted, the other 95% of civics are ricers but you never know....

#12 ·
good one

I never really laugh just shake my head in a sympathetic no manner. I don't get many races in my ser cuz basically people think it is a pos dent filled junk yard piece of crap. Haha aren't the Si freaks surprised when i blow passed them still shaking my head.

Please becareful, too many ignorant fools take their car too seriously and are willing to murder you over it.

SlowSer i sent you a pm, maybe we can hook up some time so I can get help with the build up of my ser.

Peace
GC8

#13 ·
I raced a slammed integra with rims, the big wing, the fart can, he had the works, we were on the parkway and he started a few car lengths ahead of me coming out of the booth cuz i was behind him. He was revving his piece out in each gear and i caught up to him by the middle of second and blew past him. He finally caught up as i was slowing down and he had this dumb look on his face and i just pointed and laughed at him. At stoplight races, i usually just snicker, cuz you just never know how crazy the person is thats in the other car. :cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.