SR20 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i new to this forum im from australia and i have a N14 pulsar which has the SR20 DE in it, and i have a question.

i would like to know what if any nissan gearboxes from a RWD car will bolt up to a Sr20de FWD engine i heard that a S13 gearbox might and would like to know for sure.

i know go on and flame but i want a DET conversion and the only way i can do it is if i can get a RWD gearbox to fit my FWD engine so my dad can put it in a RWD car.

so if anyone knows please help.

SSS_Hoon

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
Why don't you just start with a rwd sr20 engine and tranny?

SSS_Hoon said:
i want a DET conversion and the only way i can do it is if i can get a RWD gearbox to fit my FWD engine so my dad can put it in a RWD car.

SSS_Hoon

·
I Keep It Unique
2,423 Posts
SSS_Hoon said:
Hi i new to this forum im from australia and i have a N14 pulsar which has the SR20 DE in it, and i have a question.

i would like to know what if any nissan gearboxes from a RWD car will bolt up to a Sr20de FWD engine i heard that a S13 gearbox might and would like to know for sure.

i know go on and flame but i want a DET conversion and the only way i can do it is if i can get a RWD gearbox to fit my FWD engine so my dad can put it in a RWD car.

so if anyone knows please help.

SSS_Hoon
The only way that would be feasible is if you pulled the FWD SR20DE you have and get a RWD SR20DET out of a S13, but then you would have to change all the motor mounts positions to mount the S13 SR20DET and you would have to change a bunch of other crap, why dont you just take the easier way out and convert it to AWD? Just buy a SR20DET out of a N14 Pulsar GTI-R plus the rear axels and other related rear drive train parts, Correct me if I am wrong guys, but if I am thinkin of the right car yours is the exact same car as the Pulsar GTI-R, that would be a direct bolt in/on and plug and play process if im not mistaken, this way you have AWD which = RWD+FWD and the other plus to that motor and this holds the same for the S13 RWD SR20DET motor if you decide to take the harder route, is they are both turbo.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i could go RWD SR20DET and tranny, but then the problem is thati would have to take everything of that internals and all to put onto my FWD SR20 to make it turbo, as i planned on getting the GtiR engine into my N14 pulsar and then my N14 engine would be used for RWD in another car.

and as for making it AWD its not as simple as just bolting it in i wish it was so i could do it, as yes they are the same as in N14 but the GtiR is a 2 door where my SSS is a 4 door and the wheel base is longer then the GtiR so i would have to get longer shafts and well its just too expensive that way.

so i take it that noone has a answer for this as noone has been crazy enough to try and use a FWD SR20DE in a RWD application?

SSS_Hoon

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
^^^^yeah what he said

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i will be using my tranny for the det engine in my FWD car, but the de in my FWD car will be going into a rwd car and we need a tranny to fit that?

SSS_Hoon

·
oh so LAZY
9,747 Posts
how about, you just slap a turbo onto your sr20de in your pulsar, and buy a RWD sr20 to go in the RWD vehicle? you will make just as much reliable power as a gtir motor.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
the position of the TB aint a problem, and yeah i have thought about just putting a turbo on my SR20DE, but there is also a fair bit of work involved in doing that, oil/water in and return lines block has to be tapped and so on and lines and stuff like that, and the internals wont be as strong and wont last as long or as much boost.

SSS_Hoon

·
GT2835R
7,609 Posts
A T28 will run out of breath before the bottom end of a DE goes. It all depends on what you plan on doing to this motor. You seem to be making things more difficult then they really are.

·
I need me SE-R
1,930 Posts
nizzan4u2nv said:
A T28 will run out of breath before the bottom end of a DE goes. It all depends on what you plan on doing to this motor. You seem to be making things more difficult then they really are.
exactly. i don't even know if he knows what he's talking about half the time. if your worried about drilling a few holes then why would you not be worried about somehow fitting a fwd tranny and fwd engine into a rwd car? poking a hole seems to be alot easier than swaping engines and a bunch of other crap you speak of. it's not that difficult...if it was, half the people on this forum wouldn't have turboooooooo...

·
s13 frankenstein
3,483 Posts
SSS_Hoon said:
the position of the TB aint a problem, and yeah i have thought about just putting a turbo on my SR20DE, but there is also a fair bit of work involved in doing that, oil/water in and return lines block has to be tapped and so on and lines and stuff like that, and the internals wont be as strong and wont last as long or as much boost.

SSS_Hoon
:confused: your worried about the trouble its going to take to turbo your car even though u want to convert your fwd sr into a rwd set up? :redface:

Just get a rwd engine , trust me

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yeah ok, the thing is this if we get a turbo RWD SR then that turbo SR will go straight into the other car complete with turbo and i dont get my turbo for my SSS, but if i get a FWD DET then i get the DET for my SSS and the other car will get the DE.

as for just whacking a turbo on my DE,ive sourced around a few prices and it seems that for only a few hundred more dollars to get a complete DET and swap them over.

(as for not knowing much well what can i say im a Aussie lol)
SSS_Hoon

1 - 17 of 17 Posts