Votes: 31 86.1%
  • Nah, not for me.

Votes: 5 13.9%
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Now accepting donations!!
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much interest would there be in an aftermarket oil pan? Seems like there would be a lot of demand for this, yet I haven't found anyone that makes one. I "know" some people here in Indy, I know I could have one fabricated for a reasonable cost, and I could probably find someone to produce it. Any interest?

And what's a MAX price?

·
Original Owner
1,045 Posts
This seems like something the SE-R cup guys might like. If it's a legal mod.

·
<>< Jesus is the Answer
5,518 Posts
I would LOVE to have a bigger oil pan. I plan on having one fabricated eventually if one isnt out by the time i need to have it.

·
Premium Member
4,241 Posts
I'd like one but I top out at $175-$200. For my car I wouldn't necessarily need one with baffles (like the Greddy RWD SR pan) but maybe a bung for oil temp or for the turbo return line would be good.

I've often felt that having an extra quart (or half-quart, for an even 4) of capacity would be fantastic, but unfortunately price is a major factor.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
I think baffles would be good. I plan on some future road racing so a baffled pan would be cool.

·
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not the response I had hoped for (in terms of #'s), but I'll see what I can do anyway.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I think that a fair response would be found once the product has reached the prototype stage. I would imagine many people being interested in an oil pan that offers baffling, extra capacity, etc. However, many many posts have promised products with no follow through so response to these products is sometimes low after many disapointments. If you get one of these made as a demo then it would be many times more successfull. Just my thoughts. ~josh

·
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
jlpearl said:
I think that a fair response would be found once the product has reached the prototype stage. I would imagine many people being interested in an oil pan that offers baffling, extra capacity, etc. However, many many posts have promised products with no follow through so response to these products is sometimes low after many disapointments. If you get one of these made as a demo then it would be many times more successfull. Just my thoughts. ~josh

Cool, well I'm going to have one made for myself (will be turbo this summer hopefully) and I'll see if I can find someplace to reproduce it.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Cool. I bought a new silverado this winter so the se-r has become a weekend/race car. If I start road racing an oil pan like this would be awesome. Good luck with the project. ~josh

·
Banned
2,587 Posts
Rittmeister said:
I'd like one but I top out at $175-$200. For my car I wouldn't necessarily need one with baffles (like the Greddy RWD SR pan) but maybe a bung for oil temp or for the turbo return line would be good.

I've often felt that having an extra quart (or half-quart, for an even 4) of capacity would be fantastic, but unfortunately price is a major factor.

extra capacity would be good, along with the possibility of a temp sender bung. Also would want the pan to be baffled, however I definately wouldnt want a turbo return line there. You arent supposed to run your turbo oil return to the pan, I beleive because it wont drain well, as well as reliablity. I'll have my turbo draint o the stock location. This is all IMHO.

·
Registered
679 Posts
I would be highly interested in one. I think the idea of a bung, or two would be outstanding. Baffles probably pertain to a very small portion of member her, but I would like to have them on a daily driver even. Anyway that this turns out, keep us updated.
-Tim

·
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I don't think that a baffle would increase the overall cost all that much, so I'd probably do it with one...

·
Banned
2,587 Posts
El Gabito said:
I don't think that a baffle would increase the overall cost all that much, so I'd probably do it with one...

Yeah, I dont think oso either. i also dont think I would buy an aftermarket pan if it didnt have baffles.

·
little Thunder
1,969 Posts
If you build a prototype and show us the product or your concept, I believe there would be a demand. I for one would like to see your idea and could always use more oil capacity.

El Gabito said:
Not the response I had hoped for (in terms of #'s), but I'll see what I can do anyway.

·
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I was thinking something like this (moroso):

I'll have to get with my fabricators and see.

I'd do an oil temp bung, but it sounds like a return line wouldn't work? Why is that? I've seen some honda oil pans w/ them.

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
I have my oil return line tapped to the oil pan. Almost a year later with no problems. Also...why do you want your oil pan to be baffled...if the oil pan is confused, how the hell am I supposed to know what is going on!?!? (Seriously what is "baffled")

1 - 20 of 56 Posts