SR20 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Cherry Destroyer
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking forward to swap my b14, does anyone know any websites that have jdm engines for sale that come with fwd trannys? for under 1200.... Much Appreciated Thanks

·
SR powered S13 coupe
6,728 Posts
I don't think your going to find a complete SR20DET with tranny (5sp, FWD) for that price... ain't going to happen.

Most all the DET's came with AWD automatic trannies. Don't you have a good 5 speed transmission in your car right now?

·
Cherry Destroyer
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think your going to find a complete SR20DET with tranny (5sp, FWD) for that price... ain't going to happen.

Most all the DET's came with AWD automatic trannies. Don't you have a good 5 speed transmission in your car right now?
can i use my tranny from a b14 on a sr20det?

·
Cookin Up Some Snails
1,348 Posts

100% right.

he might be doing a ga to sr20 swap. the AWD trannys are worthless.

·
Cherry Destroyer
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If i swap my sr20de to a sr20det i cant use the tranny from the srt20de right?

·
Cherry Destroyer
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you currently have an SR20DE in your car... and is your tranny a 5 speed? If the answer to these is yes, then yes use your tranny.
Wow really i thought i would have to find a fwd tranny from a sr20det. right now i have a 5spd sr20de. Thanks!

·
Cherry Destroyer
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So does anyone know any website that sells jdm motors? i found one site but maybe theres better ones with more options. thanks

·
Cookin Up Some Snails
1,348 Posts
just drop it in and get all your piping done and your good to go. your ecu will need to be reprogramed.

·
Cherry Destroyer
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
just drop it in and get all your piping done and your good to go. your ecu will need to be reprogramed.
Yeah i think im going to send my ecu to Calum... just wondering would the car run with my stock ecu?

·
SR powered S13 coupe
6,728 Posts
Yeah i think im going to send my ecu to Calum... just wondering would the car run with my stock ecu?
Don't run on the stock ECU...

Have you considered just boosting your current motor. You can find good deals on the forum on T28 setups, there's one there right now that comes with the 370 injectors and the DP. The stock motor can take it easily enough and this will keep your cost and overall time involved minimal.

·
Tired!
10,149 Posts
Monty speaks the TRUTH! Turbo your stock motor if it is in good condition. Then you don't do anything but put a turbo kit on, change ecu out and you are set!

BRent

·
Cherry Destroyer
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i thought about getting a turbo kit to the motor that i have now but it has over 160k miles which isnt that bad have'nt ran a compression test on her but i think its not going to have numbers that i need, just figured i would get a stock DET and just upgrade that motor as time goes by

·
Cookin Up Some Snails
1,348 Posts
Don't run on the stock ECU...

Have you considered just boosting your current motor. You can find good deals on the forum on T28 setups, there's one there right now that comes with the 370 injectors and the DP. The stock motor can take it easily enough and this will keep your cost and overall time involved minimal.

yes sir . im selling that set up.

its a complete set up .

turbo, manifold , jpipe, DP, injectors, inlet and outlet pipes etc.

http://www.sr20forum.com/forced-ind...rts/197825-complete-gti-r-turbo-set-up-<.html

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
I have 170,000+ and I will be turboing mine. I ran a compression test and got 175 on all 4 cylinders. She's ready to rock! While I collect my turbo parts I will be spraying her too.:D

·
Cherry Destroyer
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i was thinking about getting the motor and taking off the turbo setup and putting it on the motor that i have now and if something happens i can just swap it.... i dont know my friend told me to just get a turbo manifold because he has everything else laying around his garage...

·
Cherry Destroyer
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
what kind of problems am i awaiting when i do my swap if any? i only found one website that has a fwd det engine.. anyone know any good sites? Thanks!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just bought a SR20DET out of a Bluebird for 1220 shipped to my door from Tigerjapanese.com and sent my ecu to calum to be reprogramed. Yes the SR20DE trans will work and so will your axles. Mounts are identical and your stock harness and ecu can even be used. It's pretty straight forward. Hope this helps. Good Luck!!!

I'm doing this swap right now on a 96 200sx so we're in the same boat.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts