SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Drive it like ya stole it
6,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone had expierence with these adjustable struts? I'm just contimplating suspention upgrades...any help would be well...HELPFUL!! TIA!!

------------------
-----
~~Ryan
Got 5-th gear pop-out problem?(FROM TalkingEAR) http://www.petitiononline.com/44ndone/
Damn it...I want an SE-R...NOW I HAVE ONE!! Bone Stock though...: (
Now its wrecked... :(( STILL PULLS HARD TO THE REDLINE THOUGH!!
to see pictures of my hooptie go to http://photos.yahoo.com/slogypoop/

·
Premium Member
9,405 Posts
These are almost the same as the AGXs. KYB makes both, but the GABs are valved stiffer. They also cost twice as much. If you want a good race strut, these are very good.

·
Registered
122 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">eric96ser observed:
KYB makes both, but the GABs are valved stiffer.</font>
Eric, are you *sure* about that? I recall Kyle Gilliland posting shock-dyno results from both to the SE-R mailing list (and it also appeared in SCC) showing the two as being identical.

------------------
'91 Classic w/the usual stuff

"It is better to go into a corner slow and come out fast than to go
into a corner fast and come out dead" - Stirling Moss

·
8,148 Posts
I have heard and red somewhere that shock dyno found them to be identical. I think it was Stranos or one of those house run businesses.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I emailed Kyle Gilliland awhile back regarding this issue. He had Ground Control use their shock dyno to compare the AGX and GAB. According to him it was "..it was right on, almost exactly the same..."

That's good enough for me...

------------------
92 NX2000
Intake/Headers/Exhaust/Cams/Flywheel/Street Tires
14.545 @ 95.57 mph

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
I was told by RD Enterprises (where I bought my AGXs last year) that KYB does in fact make both the AGX and the GAB units. The GABs are supposed to be valved slightly stiffer, just enough so they can claim it's a different product. And no way that little extra stiffness is worth 2X the money. Go with AGXs.

------------------
Matt
92 SE-R from Heck

"What have you DONE to that thing..." - stranger at Rockingham dragway 5/18/01
"Where's the turbo?" - stranger at the 1st autocross of 2000 where my SE-R debuted
"That thing is a goddamn rocket ship. I'm not lifting for you on the straights anymore!" -Karl Shultz, Rockingham 4/27/01
"What in the hell have you done since I drove it last?" -David Stone, Rockingham 4/27/01

·
_______
2,170 Posts
I bought my GABs before AGXs were available, and I've compared the two. The GABs do feel stiffer, to recreate the same feel for a setting, you have to move one notch setting up on the AGXs.

As discussed, same quality. No question, AGXs are what to get.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts