1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Sportbike fevah
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
..word..
690 Posts
we bought one off these guys...still waiting on it in the mail. came to $80 canadian after tax and shipping, so we'll see what duty is on it.

·
b15 kid
3,021 Posts
mine was 58,88 shipped......o yea dave do u drive ur car to work at ups everyday???....what hours do u wokr.....my girlfriend lives a min away and i wanna check ur car out sometime is it ever parked there

·
PLAY MY HEAD, MONKEY!
9,943 Posts
stylez, i work from 6pm-10pm but i don't ever drive it to work but you can come check it out at my house sometime and i can take you for a ride. It's got a couple issues im trying to work out with it, the car is being very stubborn :D .

·
b15 kid
3,021 Posts
aight man

aight soon as i get my se-r back on the road ill def let u kno so we can meet up.....a few of my honda/mitsu friends wanna check ur car too

·
Registered
498 Posts
It looks kinda cheap...is that REALLY the G-tech brand, or a cheap copy? One button? I want to hear some feedback on that one before I'd buy it.

·
Registered
515 Posts
A couple of friends and I all chipped in and bought one about two years ago; They are actually pretty precise. To get hp you just put in your total weight and then level out the module and go.

·
Master Cunnilingust
4,713 Posts
The newer Gtech looks like a way better unit than the Gtech pro. I have the pro and it looks and feels cheap. It's the size of a pager and has a flimsy plastic cover over the LED display. It works fine, but it's not like you can just decide to do a 1/4" run while getting on the interstate or something. You have to be setting dead still to start it and calibrate it, and then, if the road inclines enough, it'll throw the readings off. I've only used mine once and that was over a year or two ago, before I even got the SE-R. Ran an 18 flat in the XE with the A/C on. (Despite what anyone tells you about the "WOT A/C cutout" it's not the same as if you didn't have the air on in the first place.) I'm only hanging on to mine because nobody would likely pay me much for it used, so I keep it around for the sake of posterity.

·
Sportbike fevah
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yep - it's a cheesy POS. So many things have to
be perfect for it to work that they basically have
no responsibility for accuracy. Plus, to skimp on
a couple of extra controls, there's this stupid method
of switching from mode to mode.

As I was putting the velcro on to attach it to
it's 'mounting hardware', the damn chintsy plastic
faceplate kept popping out.

What a POS!

·
Sportbike fevah
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Don't feel too bad..

StYLez Se-R said:
I GUESS I JUST WASTED 60 DOLLARS .....fu%k
I just did a run with it and it claimed 105HP
going slightly downhill, and I probably wasn't
using it exactly right. It want's a perfectly
level surface - which I'll probably never find
around here.. It's a wierd piece, but I'm hoping
I'll find it useful. I just wasted 60 bucks too ;P

And so didn't quite a few people I know. It
*might* have some baseline/mod value, anyway.

It definitely changes up when I shift, too, so I
kind of think it would be most accurate on an
auto car. Only time will really tell.

Peter

·
Sportbike fevah
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oh yeah ...

StYLez Se-R said:
I GUESS I JUST WASTED 60 DOLLARS .....fu%k
Oh yeah, and it's *still* an upgrade from the butt dyno.

I probably would have gotten more out of spending
60 bucks on a real dyno run, but still ;P

I can do this one over and over again.

·
b15 kid
3,021 Posts
I guess it shows true wheelhorsepower......so this factors in wheel spin and what not.......i just want it to see what kind of effect mods i do have and so i can learn my shift points better........hopefully it works out ....this was my valentines day present from my girl =) hopefully its worth it

1 - 19 of 19 Posts