SR20 Forum banner

G16 and SR20 !???

607 views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  enjoyDride 
What do you plan to do with this car? Daily driver? Do you want something to modify? Is there any competition (autocross, time trial, drag racing) in your future? Either car will be just fine for a daily driver. The limited slip of the 95-97 SE-R will be valuable in the snow. Both cars have a decent aftermarket following, so both should be modification friendly. If you plan on any motorsports activities, you must get the SE-R. You'll spend thousands on the 1.6L just to get it to where the SE-R performance begins.

Hope this helps some.

Matt

------------------
Matt
92 SE-R from Heck

"What have you DONE to that thing..." - stranger at Rockingham dragway 5/18/01
"Where's the turbo?" - stranger at the 1st autocross of 2000 where my SE-R debuted
"That thing is a goddamn rocket ship. I'm not lifting for you on the straights anymore!" -Karl Shultz, Rockingham 4/27/01
"What in the hell have you done since I drove it last?" -David Stone, Rockingham 4/27/01

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">The normal 200 sx should be fine !??</font>
Most likely, yes it would be just fine for you. Unless you plan to drive it in the snow where you live. If you do, I highly recommend you get the SE-R because it has a limited slip differential. I've only driven in the snow once with mine, but I was unstoppable.

------------------
Matt
92 SE-R from Heck

"What have you DONE to that thing..." - stranger at Rockingham dragway 5/18/01
"Where's the turbo?" - stranger at the 1st autocross of 2000 where my SE-R debuted
"That thing is a goddamn rocket ship. I'm not lifting for you on the straights anymore!" -Karl Shultz, Rockingham 4/27/01
"What in the hell have you done since I drove it last?" -David Stone, Rockingham 4/27/01

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.